How To Pick Out A Prospect Liionhead Or Ranchu?

alanworm

Tomorrow is boxing day !! and goldies are going to be on sale !!! i want to buy 2 2inch ranchu or lionhead... how do i know if they will have wen growth or as i say a full wen one??? i would like to pick out one that has full wen !! cuz they look really cute !! the way they jiggle !! lol

is there any tips for me ????

At that size, it's impossible to figure out the max size the wen will grow, unless the fish is much older. But, you can do like I did when I purchased Augustus. I looked for the biggest, fullest wen I could fine on the healthiest fish I could find. Although it's not for sure, but Augustus was developing quite a large wen the more he grew.

If you really want to purchase a fish for its wen, I'd suggest getting it a lot older.....no guessing that way. :yeah:

Happy shopping!

lol thx !!! going shopping later today ... yeah thats what i am gonna do look for the biggest in the tank ... i like to have a fish since they are young and grow till they r big ..even tho it takes time but it the process of how u rasie them and see them grow bigger... it is the accomplishments that i hv madethat makes me feel overwhilmed to have pet goldfish lol !!

Guest eric2601
At that size, it's impossible to figure out the max size the wen will grow, unless the fish is much older. But, you can do like I did when I purchased Augustus. I looked for the biggest, fullest wen I could fine on the healthiest fish I could find. Although it's not for sure, but Augustus was developing quite a large wen the more he grew.

If you really want to purchase a fish for its wen, I'd suggest getting it a lot older.....no guessing that way. :yeah:

Happy shopping!

To add to lolas comment - the older the better because you can determine if the wen will be protruding over the eyes - or in which direction it is growing - with small ones you have no way of knowing the vigor of the wen - and in the long run that leads you down a nearveracking path - so the older the better....