Got A New Tank For X-mas!

Shamu23

I got a new tank for x-mas and its even bigger than the one I wanted! Its a nice 125 gallon tank with a stand, 3 part canopy and 2 light strips (although in total only 40 watts of light). This is probably the best christmas present ever! It took awhile to get the whole thing level, that the mistake we made with my 46 gallon last time, its pretty uneven now sometime in the future will have to tear it down and make it level :( . So this tank will b fro Frodo, Snowflake, a comet and a shubbie. My brother gave me a little ornament for one of my smaller tanks for christmas, so i've put that in the 29 gallon to let bacteria colonize on it then I will move it to this tank to help it cycle, I will also add seeded media. We're going to the city on my b-day so I get to pick out some filters and an airpump for the tank then, thats also the day that Snowflake will b finsihed with qt. Btw, my bettas r also in their new tanks except Keebo cause his was leaking through a hole int he bottom, I was wondering why my desk was suddenly flodded so I checked the tank and theres a small hole on the bottom and we couldnt find the superglue so that will have to wait for now. The other bettas love their tanks, Strawberry is fascinated by the bubbles from his undergravel filter, i'll post pics of those soon. For nopw here's a pic of my new tank after I wiped off all the dust lol.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z99/Sha...23/IMG_1473.jpg

:thud WOW!!! That is one nice bigggg tank!!! It's huge! Snowflake and Frodo and their future fish buddies will love it I'm sure. They have a whole 45 gal to grow into LOL. Congratzzz!

This is probably the best christmas present ever!

i bet it is! Just curious but how much was it? :D

45 gallons? I calculated 31, lol doesnt really matter all I know is that its more than most fish get in tanks anyway lol. Im not sure how much it was they didnt wanna tell me, although they left the pricetag on the tank and it said 419.99 but that was just for the tank without stand, my mom said the stand was even more, they got it in the US and was cheaper than the 110 gallon, its also lower, I couldnt reach into the 110 gallon without standing on something so this one will b easier to clean :D I cant wait till I can fill it up!

My whole family is complaining that Im wasting all this space for 4 fish, my brother and dad want me to get lots of tropicals and get better lighting and make a nice planted tank, but the answer I gave them was nope, its for the goldfish lol

Santa must've had you on his good girl list! Wow! You can take those light canopys off and get one of the suspended ones, or one that fits on feet on either side of your tank, like mine. That way you can have your 2-3 watts per gallon.

Very nice!

thanks. I dont really need more light cause the only plant Im planning on is ancharis and they do ok in low light, cause my 46 gallon alos has 40 watts and its growing wonderfully!

45 gallons? I calculated 31, lol doesnt really matter all I know is that its more than most fish get in tanks anyway lol. Im not sure how much it was they didnt wanna tell me, although they left the pricetag on the tank and it said 419.99 but that was just for the tank without stand, my mom said the stand was even more, they got it in the US and was cheaper than the 110 gallon, its also lower, I couldnt reach into the 110 gallon without standing on something so this one will b easier to clean :D I cant wait till I can fill it up!

My whole family is complaining that Im wasting all this space for 4 fish, my brother and dad want me to get lots of tropicals and get better lighting and make a nice planted tank, but the answer I gave them was nope, its for the goldfish lol

wow, my parents will never pay that much for a xmas gift LOL. Once your family had seen how much Frodo and the others have grown in that tank, they'll prolly wont like the tropical idea anymore LOL :rolleyes:

humm, if i did my math right....

4 single tails = 80 gal.

the tank is 125 gal so...

125 - 80 = 45 gal just want to clear that up LOL :)

oh thats what u meant lol, I was thinking 31 gallons per fish :rolleyes: . Frodo has already grown tons in a tank too small for him he'll probably grow even faster once he moves into the big tank! I've filled it with a little bit of water to check for leaks and added riverstones. Luckily its not leaking, and I wasnt expecting it to lol. I dunno if I should get a blue or a black background. My mom always wants me to get colorful ones with pictures on them but I dont really like the ones they have available although i'll think about it since I wanted the theme for the tank to be like a sunken ship scene, I thought that would look neat.

Now that theres a bit of water in it it looks just slightly unlevel, although we tried so hard to make it level! Its was almost perfect just not 100%, I guess thats what made the difference although it isnt much and I think it will b ok, the one side is just higher by like 1-2 mm although I can notice it, but my mom couldnt lol.

this tank would've fit better where my 46 gallon is now and my dad was gonna make me move it but I told him that there was no way I was gonna move it since its extremely heavy, just the canister filter alone when filled witgh water is heavy enough! So we put it where I wanted it at first. So r u getting ur 75 gallon soon? Sorry about the cold, i've had one for a couple weeks now and it just wont go away, it was almost gone then my stupid brother got me back after I gave him a facewash in the snow so now its worse again :glare:

yeah we have lots of snow! I cant wait to see pics of ur new tank :D . I gave my mom a list of the stuff I was going to need for the tank and the first thing she asked was how much does it cost lol. Alot more than she's expecting hehehe, but i'll beg her to get it since I need it for the fish and one of the x-mas presents was that I would get to pick out filters and stuff they need.

Shamu you are spoilt ;) I think your parents finally realise how much your fishpets mean to you1 And they must want them to be happy too forking out for that beautiful tank. Congrats on your best present ever! And looking forward to pics when its all set up :thumbup:

That's one HUGE tank! I don't think I'd know what to do with all that space! (This is coming from someone with one measly 10 gallon tank, LOL)

thanks guys, I really cant wait to get it all setup! Oh, and I found out the water level is slightly higher on one side by like 2mm I think, maybe a tiny, tiny bit less, this is as straight as we could get it and I dont wanna drain it again, will this still b ok cause Im not sure how to get it any straighter anyway. Its not that big of a difference I just dont wanna have to correct that mistake later but I dont know how either, any opinions? Will 2 mm b ok?

yeah especially with big tanks, it cause pressure on the silicone which can cause it to break apart over time, my 46 gallon is pretty unlevel which i'll have to fix soon but i've had it like that for almost a year, I just dont know if 2mm will b bad cause its not much of a difference and this is as straight as we could get it. The 46 gallon is much worse the water level is like a whole cm higher on one side I dont really worry about that with my small tanks cause they dont have much water in them

Archived