Calico Love!

jsrtist

Just wanted to introduce my latest additions. I visited Chinatown in San Francisco again yesterday, planning to look and maybe come home with one new fish. Instead I found three that I was completely taken with. You couldn't beat the price either-$8.00 each for these beauties.

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

And last but not least, two little calico oranda rescues, given to me by a neighbor after their tank broke. So after all these years I finally have my calico orandas! The female (the lighter orange one) has an injured eye that I'm treating. Since being put into clean water they have made a complete turnaround for the better.

IMG_1906.jpg

I usually go to Pet Central (went there yesterday too, and they had some nice stuff, too!). This was further west on Broadway, New Crystal Aquarium. I found it by accident! It was great too, because you could catch the fish yourself.

Thanks for the comments. I was immediately in love. I was going to buy them regardless of price! They actually ended up being a present from my dad. He beat me to the register. :)

I'm trying to think of names. So far, I've named the little ranchu Otter. The blue one might be Winter or Arctic because she looks like ice.

I usually go to Pet Central (went there yesterday too, and they had some nice stuff, too!). This was further west on Broadway, New Crystal Aquarium. I found it by accident! It was great too, because you could catch the fish yourself.

Thanks for the comments. I was immediately in love. I was going to buy them regardless of price! They actually ended up being a present from my dad. He beat me to the register. :)

I'm trying to think of names. So far, I've named the little ranchu Otter. The blue one might be Winter or Arctic because she looks like ice.

Thanks, I will have to go check that out! Have you been to 6th ave Aquarium? You catch the fish there yourself, too. Not quite the selection, and usually some sick fish, but lots of supplies.

Archived