Plants?

Fish_Fanatic

Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you have some advice on keeping live plants in your aquariums? I've tried before with no luck and im thinking of trying again. I just dont want to go spend a bunch of money on plants and they all die on me AGAIN. Thanks!!!!!! :D

I know no one will believe this, but I used to have trouble growing elodea! (Also known as anarchis..I think I spelled that right.) I once saved a piece that accidently got bleached (it turned white...) it sprouted a new growth and then KAPUT. I think my problem was that I was trying to baby and pamper elodea...when elodea really just needs light and water ! LOL. Well, at least in my opinion now it does. I got a bunch of new strands from nnnn, ...that was almost a year ago now. It's THRIVING in my tanks and I'm on the verge of have a bunch of bunches!

well i think you should do a research on the plant before getting them, since some require high amoutn of light others require low amount of light so it's really good if you do, also if you have alot of plants, to keep it green and healthy, you have to have CO2 system. I need to make one DIY CO2 system...i'm to poor to buy one :D

moneywort grows wonderfully.I have a bunch of it.The golds dont really have an interest in it.Although on likes to chew a piece off everynow and then...lol also hornwort is beautiful and grows amazingly in my tank.The camboba(sp?) Is also beautiful i have it in my tank and its about to flower again.i dont have a co2 system or anything lie that but they all grow wonderfully in my tank. :)

Archived