Crazy Chasin'!

Jeana727

Yin is my beautiful Calico Lionhead that I got from GU imported all the way from China!! She is one of my favorites. I ACTUALLY didn't realize she was a she until I decided to do a little rearranging of tank occupants. I moved 2 fish over to the 30 gallon tank & placed the two Lionheads into the big tank. Weeellll, fairly shortly after all occupants were in their new abode I noticed 2 goldies chasin' Yin quite constantly! Will they chase her TOO much? Do I just let it go & see what happens?

Apparently this is a very "sexy" tank.....I have two snails that have.....as my grandson pointed out....been "piggy back riding" for days!!!! Good Grief!!

• Admin

I would say keep an eye out on her, if it gets to rough you could split them up.

When i had a fish that was a half breed ryukin/comet (lived in my pop up pond) i took this fish out of the pond to my inside tank cause i was taking down the pond, he went nuts over fiona, I had to separate them he was to fast for her and she was breathing very hard..... :(

I had to seperate my male and female as the male was very aggressive towards her to the point of pecking her constantly and really stressing her out. He has times when he is nice to her, but I still watch them closely when I take the divider out.

Well, thankfully things have calmed down a bit. Maybe the water change got them all worked up!! Th goldies are swimming around eating & poking around in the gravel........Yin is fine! As for the snails I thought one pair had maybe drowned themselves. It seemed like they had been "piggyback riding" at least ALL DAY!! I saw no break for other things.......like a BREATH OF AIR!!

Is it possible that IF my Mystery Snails lay a clutch to let some hatch? So far I have never seen a clutch, but ya never know! I wouldn't mind having a FEW babies!!