Oh No, Whats Happening To My Anacharis?

Shamu23

My fishies have done a good job ripping off leaves on my anahcris lately and now some of the leaves r frayed and its starting to turn brown! Is it dying?? Why, and what can i do to save it? I added seachem flourish, is this happening cause of the fish? Its always been fine so far....

yep if it is turning brown and fraying then it is dieing. It is mostly too late to help now. Anacharis is a plant which while it requires very little the one thing it requires to live is moderate to high lighting. What is your wattage? anything under 2watts per gallon and it will mot certainly die.

but everyone told me anacharis is a lowlight plant, and its done ok so far, I think it might be the fish ripping off its leaves! Btw, its starting to get better!

I think anacharis needs a minimum of 2 watts per gallon. I put it in with my betta at 1 watt per gallon, and it all died.

I have several varieties that are doing great in my 55 though, which only has 30 watts total. I'm not buying anymore anacharis until I have much more lighting.

really? It has grown alot in my tank and its now starting to get its color back :D . Im going to try it in my new tank which has 40 watts of light for 125 gallons which is barely anything at all but Im going to give it a try if it doesnt work out i'll move it to one of my tropical tanks.

if it doesnt work I can move it to one of my tropical tanks, I have a 5 gallon with 7 watts and I have anacharis in it and its doing great other than that 1 piece is covered in brown algae. The one in my 46 gallon is starting to get better, i'll add some more seachem floursih to the tank today that always seems to help it grow

Archived