Two New Fish

Today we were going to wally's world to pick up some groceries. When I peeked into the fish isle, and I saw these two baby shubunkins that really catched my eyes. Boy were they cute! I couldn't left without them LOL! . I didn't want anyone to stuck them into bowl, so I got myself 2 newbie shubies :D I consider them rescues, it took me by surprise!

They are about 2.5 " from tip to tail, they're in quarenteen right now. After some weeks, they'll go into the pond :D

DSC00213.jpg

Lester

DSC00225.jpg

Loree

DSC00230.jpg

did ya catch anything with the names? My other baby shubie that i rescued is named Laces, :D

cute! For some reason wallyworld always does have the most gorgeous shubbies but I cant get myself to buy any cause I mean Im running a petition against them, it wouldnt b right to keep supporting them. I really did like 1 they had (well actually more like 20 lol), I was so sad that I couldnt get it cause it always came to me, thats how Frodo got me to buy him, I just couldnt leave without him and he was only 18 cents!!!! Not like thats gonna make a huge difference right? Ur shubbies will look great in the pond! I bet their colors will really brighten up!

thanks Alex and Shamu :)

nah, that's alright Alex, i already named them, see Loree and Lester, I was just pointing out that all my shubies' names starts with "L", Laces, Lester, and Loree LOL, thanks for the suggestion though :D by the one with the bigger eye, you mean Lester? :D

yes, you are right Shamu, I should not support wally's fish market :( Lester and Loree were the only two fish i bought rescued from them though, Laces was from petsmartt where they really cared about the fish :) but i really got attached to these two and I just had to bring them home, safe and sound :) i hope they would color up in the pond too, good luck with the petition

Thanks everyone

LOL, really Daniel ?!? I would have thought that many people will like Lester (the darker one) more, lol, Thanks, I kind of like Lester a bit more, but I love them both :D

here is the other side of Loree

DSC00194.jpg

other side of Lester

DSC00227.jpg

No Alex, unfortunatley not. I want to smack myself, but it is only 5 gal. :wa I'm going to do daily waterchanges, maybe even 2x daily though. I was hoping that it will help me with the cost cause I do not have the money to treat a big tank :) I'm going to try my best to care for them :) I think I'll start salting the tank on Christmas Day

oy, the little buggers are starting begging for food already, LOL

thanks Jewels :heart

a small update, I just did a 50% waterchange on their tank along with a 75% WC yesterday. This morning they had their first nibble of Omega flakes and I think I will begin to salt their tank tomorrow morning. Loree has a white lining to her fins which are a bit ragged, so I think she might has fin rot, but I might be able to cure her with salt :)

Archived