Filter Intake And Telescopes

Guest Mark Hale

Guest Mark Hale

Hello all,

Just put my two little teles in the 36g bowfront today. I am a little concerned though because it seems my AC70s are struggling a tiny bit and making a lot more noise than they should due to the fact that we place nylons over the end of the intake pipe. I heard some talk about doing that so that their eyes are protected... but I have to say.. nothing is getting filtered out. There is poop that is just stuck to the end cause it can't get through. I have always used AC filters and I can tell these ones are working a little harder than they should.

What to do? Should I not be worried about this intake? I know it would be really concerning for bubbles... but how about teles? What can I do for a quick fix... or should I just take them off?

This is kind of a priority given that I am getting ready to go away for a week. While they will be cared for (feeding...etc) I don't want the filtration to not be adequate do to reduced flow... and the fact that solid waste is not being filtered out!

Thanks much. Hope to hear something soon.

i have never had a problem with telescope fish as long they are the only fish in the tank i would remove the nylon over the intake. I think you mean bubble eyes they are more sensitive to things in the tank

Guest Mark Hale

Thanks mate! I knew it was pretty important for bubble eyes... just thought it was for teles. It just isn't working this way for me... so I'll take them off. Thanks for the help.

Archived