Dropsy And I'm Leaving Tomorrow

Maceo

Hamlet my beautiful blue oranda has pineconing scales on both sides right behind his gills, other than that he's swimming around just fine. I need to know what the best course of action is but to compound it all we are leaving in the morning to go to my grandmother's house. Any adivce would be greatly apperciated!

So here's what I've thought of doing what do you think?

put him in a 5 gallon bucket with a heater (will it melt the plastic?) treat him with marcyn 2, take him with me and pray.

I wish I had some medigold but mine expired two months ago and I threw it out. I am assuming that I should do a large water change on his tank.

Oh and tank params and such are

55 gallon, 2 orandas about 6 inches, and BN pleco

running two years with 2 emperor 400s

Ammo:0

Nitrate 25

Nitirite:0

Ph 7

no hollow ornaments, silk plants and a very thin gravel bottom

He does have some white on his wen but I think it's just growth, and like I said other than the pineconing he's doing fine swimming around like nothing is wrong. Why do these things always happen before you have to go somewhere.

Oh Hon, I am so sorry! I guess in a situation like this, you have to do the best you can. Do you have a small filter, or a bubbler, you can put in the 5g? The meds will deplete the water of oxygen quickly. How long will you be at your grandmother's?

Thanks Nickie, I went out and bought a fluval 1, it's rated 50gph and I got a 3 gallon critter keeper as well to move him to from the bucket once we get there. I'll be at my grandmother's from Sunday untill Friday at the latest, she and my mom will probably drive each other nuts before then. Right now he's in the 3 gallon with the filter and the Maracyn 2 hopefully he'll pull through this I think I caught it very early. Now, to go do a huge water change on the 55 gallon.

Thanks grain, but apparently the goldfish gods are not with me, I went to change the main tank's water and my darn python broke and I don't have anyother siphyons and all the petstores are now closed. UGH, when it rains it pours!

Archived