Betta Girl In With Goldfish

arabpaso

gfbetta.jpg

Well, I had to rearrange fish awhile ago and this is what I ended up with! My new gf Coalie was kinda picking on Okie so I moved Okie to the 20 gal. Angeleyes, my little betta girl was getting pushed around too much in with the danios where I had her. Also, there is a male platy in the 20 gal since I was getting overstocked in my 16 gal and thought the platy would get along best with the gf and betta. So, even though it sounds strange this arrangement is working great! It's been about 3 weeks this way already. My gf is small, only about 2 1/2 inches and he's not aggressive. I know when he gets bigger I'll have to move the betta since she is quite small. But for now it's really cute to see them all getting along. :)

I agree with Hidr Bettas need tropical temps where Goldies are Coldwater. Along with the differant diets. My female betta does like peas tho :D

Thanks for the nice comments! The tank is around 73-74F. My betta girl has actually been in that temp for months now in her bowl and then in a different tank. She's very active and alert and seems to be thriving. She eats the gf flake food and I make sure she gets bloodworms or brine shrimp most everday, too. She even likes the flow from the filter as she swims through it all the time!