Trailing Poo

Quasi

Yesterday I noticed my quasi (a one Inch tripod tail) had whitish trailing poo. The other seven not a thing. Is it possible that it is due to overfeeding, I mean before that, I noticed during feeding that she had eaten very much. she had beaten Godzilla twice in a race for a very big food-particle. I looked half an hour later, and luckely the poo had fallen off. I'm aware that sometimes one fish manages to get more food than the others and sometimes one doesn't get enough. It's like being on the right place at the right time.

For that reason I feed them in the morning and in the evening a small amount.

• Test Results for the Following:
    Ammonia Level? 0
    Nitrite Level? 0
    Nitrate level? 20
    Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? 7
    Ph Level out of the Tap? 7

• Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 40, 1.5 month

• What is the name and size of the filter/s? 400 g/h biological filter

• How often do you change the water and how much? once every 5 days by 1/3

How many fish in the tank and their size? 8: one 4" ,2 of 2" and the rest around 1"

<li>What kind of water additives or conditioners? none, because we use a filter that dechlores the water

<li>Any medications added to the tank? none

<li>Add any new fish to the tank? no

<li>What do you feed your fish? the usual

<li>Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? trailing poo

<li>Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..? no, still as active and hungry as ever

An occasional different looking poop is not something to worry about as long as all you water params are on track and your fish is not behaving unusually. All fish have occasional minor intestinal/digestion problems that they can quite easily recover from- much better on their own most times. It helps builds immunity.

Keep an eye on him. Post back if it is still white in a few days time and/or other symptoms develop.

• 2 weeks later...

It happenend again yesterday. After she had gobled up way to much food. Params are the same.

It think it only happens when she has eaten to much. I hope I won't happen after the five bigger ones are transferred to the 75 g and she and junior and Benja are alone in the 40 g

Guest Chicklette

First I would try feeing her some peas to see if that solves it. Is there any flashing, rubbing on rocks? If you see white poop and them rubbing on rocks it can indicate a parasite. I would also keep an eye on the rest of you fish and specifically look for flashing, sitting at the bottom, change in appetite, sluggish behavior and any change in the fish.

Archived