I Will Have A 75 Gal Tonight! (with A Bit Luck)

Quasi

I' m (probably, touching wood) going to have a secondhand 75 gal with stand in 10 hours. :Jig: I' found out we have a canister of 5 liters with ammonia. According to my mother it was once bought to clean the windows (don't ask). We also have bleech (it says 'bleekwater', so it should be alright). I also bought 'good bacteria in a bottle' to speed things up. So I can kill all the nasties and start cycling and planting and decorating. :D

Apparantly luck is always in balance, because I still have that nasty cough :ill .

I will have to buy an extra filter, but due to so many types I'm lost. It should be as silent as possible. As for other qualities I have absolutely no idea what is better than others. I'm also wondering about other things like: Do I need an airstone?

Yes, I would also say Aquaclear filters. They are quiet and well worth their cost. Fluvals are also good.

I have three filters on my 75 gallon. Two hang on backs. One does 400 gph the other 340 gph. I also have a rana pro 3 it is the best and hope to replace one of the HOB with anouther rena. Maybe after the Christmas Holiidays.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the respons, but then I entered the store and I couldn't find any of the types you guys mentioned. The downside of living in the middle of nowhere :rolleyes: . The tank is running with the filter it already had. Due to the fact that the tank is placed in the garage I have to use the heater or the plants won't survive it. I will probably start with the ammonia tomorrow.

I've had no problems with a couple Tetra Whispers (a 10 internal and a 20 h.o.b.). They're quiet, keep the water quite clean. The 10 has been going for quite a few years with no problems. And its quite a common brand compared to some of the others.

I've got to say I'm with Lolafish on this one. I would get a rena filstar canister either the xp3 or xp4.

I also would put 2 hob filters. I have been happy with the penguin bio wheels.

To be honest with you, I am unsure of what you could use. I am unsure of the brands in Belgium. I know that over here in the US, Whisper is my favorite and is made by Tetra, so if you can find a Tetra filter that pumps 750 gph or you can add two or more of them to equal 750 gph then that would be wonderful, I guess.

Something like this, maybe:

http://uk.tetra.de/tetra/go/39A63AAB7E96C0...&lang_id=20

http://uk.tetra.de/tetra/go/39A63AAB7E96C0...&lang_id=20

Daniel

I aim for type rather than maker. One HOB, one overhead and one cannister on each tank over 40 gallons with the correct GPH turnover. I can't recommend makes as we get all Japanese makes except Eheim which has made it to far north Japan and of which I have several.

I've seen Eheim in the store, but they are rather expensive, the type I was looking at was almost 400 ? and I can not afford that much at the moment :idont . I rather buy one that does enough gph even if it is not such high qualety as Eheim, someone has had his for more then 10 years.

Tetra is a wonderful brand. I have never used the UK Tetra products, but I feed my fish Tetra foods, I use Tetra Water Conditioners, and I use the Tetra heaters, filters, and air pumps (when air pumps are needed) and not only are my fish happy, I am too. They are cheap and reliable. My grandma had a Whisper filter that she bought when they came out in the US (1987) and she used it, passed it to my aunt to use, then my aunt passed her aquarium set up to me. I have it on my tank right now and it is working like a charm. I love Whisper filters and Tetra products in general.

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one a couple of days ago. It does 1550 l/h and it is self priming. :D

Before I could start it up, I had to empty the tank. The topmost iron that connects the front with the back had come loose :(

I really hope that it can be fixed with some screws and an corner profile

Archived