My New Tank Arrived Today!

selena685

I can't believe my tank finally came today. :panana:happydance:rockon There was a delay because the original tank I ordered was damaged during transit so I had to wait again for a new one.

The tank is for my catfish Mr. Tinky. I'm going to take some pics when the water clears up as it's a bit cloudy at the moment :D

Mr Tinky is so happy. He has so much more room now to swim around in

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I had trouble with my camera.

Here is a pic of the new tank:

100_2977.jpg

and here is Mr. Tinky playing "peek a boo"

100_2988.jpg

and this is him enjoying his new tank:

100_2984.jpg

I have some video footage as well. I am hoping to post that asap as soon as I upload it :D

He's BIG! LOL Mr. Tinky sounds like a name better fit for a dinky fish.

Again, here's a tank with the PVC pipe! I like it! Though it doesn't look like Mr. Tinky would fit through yours.... LOL

He is a "Tandanus Tandanus Catfish" They are native to Australia. He is very tame. Despite the poisonous spine they have on there dorsal fin, he has never stung me, and lets me pet and hand feed him.

Here is video of me hand feeding him:

Wow!, where did you get Mr Tinky? Nice tank too.

I bought Mr. Tinky at the LFS, but he wasn't that big when I first got him. I originally kept him in a 2FT tank with some 'white clouds' and he was smaller than they were. :yikes

Here is his baby pic:

Tinkybabyphoto.jpg

I have a baby tandanus at the moment that I am trying to find a home for if you are interested Annette :yeah:

He's BIG! LOL Mr. Tinky sounds like a name better fit for a dinky fish.

Again, here's a tank with the PVC pipe! I like it! Though it doesn't look like Mr. Tinky would fit through yours.... LOL

PVC Piping is great, especially for large fish as it is inexpensive and no sharp nasty edges. I was able to get 3 ornaments out of one pipe which only cost me $9.

I will be decorating the PVC piping soon and posting my results in the DIY section :D

Oh Selena those videos are so cute ... me want, me want! Unfortunately it is a big commitment and I hate to imagine your water changing routine! :yikes I would love a catfish but with the kids, dogs, cat and fish I can't take on anymore. Woe is me. :(

Lucky Mr TInky.....Thats a nice home for him. Grow Tinky Grow! (Is he as big as he will get?)

He is about 35cm at the moment but they grow up to 50cm in general, but there have been posts on other forums of some growing up to 60cm.

I will have to get a 6ft for him in about 4-5 years time

Mr Tinky is a charmer. And his name is so cute too. He has grown for you :heart

Will he have any playmates in his new home or is he a lucky "this is all my space to roam " fishy :D ?

Congrats with your new tank darl'! Mr Tinky is beautiful! what a big boy he is! bet he's loving the new accomodation. -How long have you had him for?

I have had him for about two years now and apparently they can live up to 40 years in the wild :yikes He will probably out live me and become a family heirloom

Mr Tinky is a charmer. And his name is so cute too. He has grown for you :heart

Will he have any playmates in his new home or is he a lucky "this is all my space to roam " fishy :D ?

I wont put any other fish in there with him as he will grow out of that tank in a few years so I want to keep as much room in there for him. Also because he has been on his own since I separated him from a school of white clouds, in fear he would eat them, he might attack other fish as tandanus are solitary fish when they mature. They have a poisonous spine along their dorsal fin which can do a bit of damage

aww mr.tinky is adorable now i want a cat fish lol, how poisonous is he like toxic poisonous or just make you feel sick poisonous?

Edited by dan in aus

aww mr.tinky is adorable now i want a cat fish lol, how poisonous is he like toxic poisonous or just make you feel sick poisonous?

It wont kill you but if they get you hard it is very painful. I have read on the net that this guy caught one in the wild and got stung. He had to go to hospital to get injected with painkillers because the pain was so bad. When they sting you, they only do so out of self defense and it's something that the fish has to deliberately want to do as they stiffen up their dorsal fin and swipe you. Even though Mr. Tinky is tame, I am always careful, and let him know I'm there before I put my hand in so he knows it's me.

The tank and Mr. Tinkey are looking very cool! Sorry if i missed this, but how big is Mr. Tinkey?

Mr. Tinky is about 35cm at the moment