Two Goldfish In A Bowl?

dfernandez77

The tank is on a counter. The idea is to be viewed from either side. So the decorations are clear.

The tank is a 29 Gallon All-Glass

The filter is a Fluval 405

The fish are goldfish :)

Here is one front side:

20071220-174052_800.jpg

Here is the other front side:

20071220-174144_800.jpg

Here are two goldfish in a bowl:

20071220-171741_800.jpg

mmm... very nice! :D

sleek and elegant looking.

simple, clean cut lines.

you should be a decorator for my tank!

=D but i suppose with names like charlie chaplin and ferrero rocher,

they were bound to live in a chic and classy yet homey looking place!

:heart

hehe i was just wondering... do charlie and ferrero ever konk their heads on the clear glass by accident? :)

They see food on the other side, and swim like they will bully their way to it. It's pretty funny.

Maybe when charlie grows big he'll be able to bulldoze the bowl. :unsure:

We'll see. :rolleyes:

They are too cute. :heart Keep those pictures coming!! Are you still cycling this tank? How's it coming along?

Will you be adding some hiding spaces/cover that are less revealing later? I noticed that as soon as I added live plants and large river rocks, the fish like to explore the nooks and crannies, and sometimes hide behind the plants for a bit - as if in a game of hide-n-seek.

Do fish NEED cover, or is it just extra? I don't know for sure.

I guess it is the gravel that holds the bowl in position and provides the food lure. Do you think if a bowl was, instead, "cemented" to a bare-bottom tank, they would still wander in?

Oliver

I'm not sure what you mean by "food lure," but I put a bowl in at first to provide a quiet point in the current for the little ones to rest. The Fluval has an output like a jet engine and there was no spot in the tank without a good bit of turbulence. They hang around by the bowl a lot, and sleep in the square container. I was wondering the same thing as you, in case I go to a Bare Bottom tank. I'd glue it to some kind of base with silicone cement myself.

They are too cute. :heart Keep those pictures coming!! Are you still cycling this tank? How's it coming along?

Will you be adding some hiding spaces/cover that are less revealing later? I noticed that as soon as I added live plants and large river rocks, the fish like to explore the nooks and crannies, and sometimes hide behind the plants for a bit - as if in a game of hide-n-seek.

Do fish NEED cover, or is it just extra? I don't know for sure.

Cycling is coming along fine; ammonia at 0.50 PPM average, nitrites are trace at nearly 0 PPM, and Nitrates are trace at about 5 PPM. But I've noted that ammonia is hovering between 0.25 and 1.00 PPM. It went UP when I added water, so I checked my tap. My municipal water is about 0.50 PPM ammonia. So I start in the hole. I know the Prime detoxifies the ammonia, but I'm looking into a reverse osmosis filter or something. Anyone have ideas?

What you see is probably how it will be for a while. I might go to a Bare Bottom if I find cleaning the gravel and keeping nitrates down is a problem. Otherwise I like it. I don't think Ferrero and Charlie need cover, it's pretty uneventful around the tank. They seem to be quite cheery when there's a distraction - getting quite animated when they see a person as people = food. But the decor is not set in stone.

Thanks for the kind words,

Wow! I've never seen a tank like that, but I like it a LOT! :thumbs: Not something I would think of myself.

The fish look good, too! :goldfish:

Nice pics! I've always liked your tank designs; I remember a while ago when you had posted your betta tank setups. Always so elegant! Now if only I could say the same about my tanks... which is exactly why I don't post pictures... LoL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived