Fishless Cycling..

Sally2007

Hello Everyone...

I feel so dissapointed because its gonna be 2 weeks that ive been trying to cycle my tank and its still not cycled. I mean I have 0 Nitrite and 0 nitrate. ive been folwing this site http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/FishlessCycle.html to cycle my aquarium. I dont know if i should wait or put more ammonia in my tank... Please help Im frastrated lol... I really wanted 2 Goldfishes b4 Christmas. Im using that product called cycle http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...=cycle&Np=1 thats the website.

• Admin

I would add the same amount again in the tank and keep testing and doing that until you see nitrites, then you know its starting to cycle. Also make sure the temp is atleast 78F this will help it cycle faster. :D

should I add that same amount everyday? I was reading another fishless cycling website and they sugest to add ammonia everyday.My temp is 80F and its been like that for 2 weeks but like 20% of the aquarium water went down.should I add more water?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again guys well I just tested my aquarium and I have 0 Ammonia 7.6 Ph 5.0 Nitrite and 5.0 Nitrate. Its kinda weird cux 3 days ago I tested my Nitrate and it was at 40, how is that possible that it went all the way down to 5.0?

I just added 0.50 of ammonia in the tank.

I just added 0.50 of ammonia in the tank.

That's not enough hon. You need the ammonia at 3-4ppm at minimum every day, especially if it processes it within 24 hours. If it takes longer, you can wait for it to go back to zero, but then feed it enough to get back up to 3-4 again. You gotta keep those nitrites happy!

Archived