Found A Formula

Lolafish

Okay, I found a formula online that automatically calculates CO2.It's hard to get optimal readings with higher PH's. The lower the PH, the better. I need my PH at just under 8 (my KH won't stay near 100 without the higher PH right now - cannot get anything to dissolve that I've been putting in to raise KH: limestone, cuttlebone, natural river stones, etc..).So, would adding something like Seachem's Flourish be enough to sustain the small-medium stocking of plants, without having a negative impact on KH/PH?I meant to reply to my previous thread. Oh well. My bad. :rofl

It would be. Fluorish Excel provides carbon the plants would need. It's alot easier to use than a CO2 system and has an added side effect of helping to control algae. It also does not affect Kh levels like CO2 does. The only negatives I can think of is it can be more expensive than co2, paticularly on a large tank. Also, routinely overdosing with excel can be harmfull to the plants

• Admin

When I had a planted tank I would use this stuff and loved it, I also tried the little co2 maker but man it stinks when you need to clean it and add yest to it again but it worked nice for a 30 gal tank :D

Archived