Its A Hissy Fit

Kasper

I take my Dog Shian to work with me sometimes. She is a good dog, she lies on the floor, or plays with her tennis ball. She never barks or jumps, she dosen't become aggressive when people come in the office, she actually tries to play ball with them, or get them to scratch her belly. Not a single person who has EVER come into the office has EVER complained about her being there. She actually diffused the angry people that would come in to yell at us simply by wagging her tail. If we got frustraited then we would pet her, it was like a big fluffy stress ball of wonderfull. Both of my bosses love her, they don't care that I bring her at all.

Sounds like a good thing huh?

Oooooh no, the board of directors where I work has deemed it unprofessional to have a personal pet in the office... The office that always wears Jeans... In a RETIREMENT LAKESIDE COMMUNITY... The most Carefree, unstressfull, vacation type atmosphere that you could EVER hope to work in, That keeps DOG TREATS BEHIND THE COUNTER for residents that BRING IN THEIR PETS, The office that keeps a DOG LEASH in the OFFICE just incase a members animal wanders to the office, THE OFFICE THAT HAS A PET ID PROGRAM SO THAT WE DON"T HAVE TO SEND A RESIDENTS ANIMAL TO ANIMAL CONTROL, has ORDEEMED that I Cannot have my dog (that is more well behaved then my bosses kids that are here on a DAILY BASIS) at work with me...

What a bunch of *Bleeping* Crap!

Don't they have something better to worry about, oh like OUR FREAKING BUDGET thats a total disaster because our treasurer is horrid? Or maybe the fact that our roads are falling apart like an over baked cookie? Oh how about all of the Goose Poop that litters our beaches making them unsanitary for people to even walk on?

OH HECK NO! Lets worry about the little 35 lb dog that sleeps in a corner all day, that does NOTHING to hurt anyone. Yeah lets raise a stink about that because "Were the high and mighty board of directors, and we like to throw our weight around to the underdogs like you because if we don't assert ourselves our very MANLINESS/FEMINEST ways will surely be laughed at for allowing a dog to sleep in a casual office all day. Now let us all go and tell the kids that they cannot ride bicycles around the roads because we are the killers of all that is fun! HA HA!"

Grrrrr..... Im a Grumpy Panda now.

I agree- it's a bunch of *bleeping* crap! I think the dog's presence makes you seem more approachable, and lends a "homey" touch to the office. I bet your residents like that. They feel like they can talk to you, and you're not just some "suit" who isn't going to listen to them.

Your board of directors should know: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm sorry, Kasper. :( You hit the nail right on the head. When BIG SUITS can't fix what is REALLY wrong, they want to look like they are DOING something, so they go after what they can. Hopefully, some of the residents will complain and then they will allow your dog back to work with you.

That's a shame. I'm sure your dog loved being able to spend the day with you, too. Not to mention the extra love and petting that he wouldn't get at home alone.

I'm with you Nickie, I hope the residents will complain and they'll change it. :)

Debbie

I never got a reason. The President of the board of directors came in, saw my dog and 2 days later there were no personal pets allowed anymore. He didn't even tell my boss why.

I can think of a few reasons, liability, people complaining, I honestly think its because the President dosen't like dogs.

Archived