Keitaro's Update

jamisskat

My new little oranda Keitaro is doing well.. He's looking good eating like a vacume and poos normal.. Since he's young Im feeding 3x daily.. this is ok right?..He's in a 55g all byhimself its barebottom with 5g water changes daily.. I feed my other guys 2x daily since they are bigger.. Keitaro's head is slighly bigger than his body it seems.. But could be the wen.. he's going to have a nice wen :heart ..He ate from my hands tonight still alittle skidish but im working with him..

I hope Daryl doesn't spank my hand for this and call me a horrible goldfishier, but I feed my lionheads three times a day...I was only feeding once a day but they never grew, now that I'm feeding three times a day they're growing. I also give them snacks like betta pellets and bloodworms...

I hope Daryl doesn't spank my hand for this and call me a horrible goldfishier, but I feed my lionheads three times a day...I was only feeding once a day but they never grew, now that I'm feeding three times a day they're growing. I also give them snacks like betta pellets and bloodworms...

I think 3xdaily is ok as long as it's small feedings..In my barebottom its much easier to clean after feedings.. and the gel food I use is messy :feedme Sometimes I do feed my bigger guys 3x.. and bloodworms are a must!..lol mine get daily..

18 times a day is fine - as long as you can keep the water parameters under control and the fish does not get overly fat and/or start to have balance problems. An obese goldfish is not a healthy goldfish.... just as 20ppm nitrates are better than 40ppm nitrates. :)

I agree with Daryl on this. I mean, all fish are different, just like people, and needed different feedings, different food, etc. As long as your water is good, then there should not be a problem.

I sometimes feed my fish twice a day, sometimes once, and a fast day each week.

Archived