Medicated Betta Food?

Sally2007

Im not sure about medicated food for bettas, maybe some kind of medicated gel food? Im not sure if he'd eat it but I cant think of any other for tropical fish.

Thanks for telling me shamu...

What is the problem?

Jungle Labs sells tropical medicated food at nnnn for both anti-bacterial and parasite infections. The pellets are small enough for most bettas.

Well my betta has tail rot and I just started him with Mardel Maracyn-Two and I was wondering if there was a medicated food for him to heal faster.

Now, anyone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I have always thought that tail rot was in external problem, so therefore medicated food would not help. Just keep the water clear and make sure you are feeding him a good, stable diet with all the vitamins and minerals he needs and he should heal up just fine.

I recently bought the jungle labs antibacterial food for my roomate's fish and it does say it helps with internal and external problems, although I see it being much more effective for internal.

Tail rot is an external problem and as far as I know there is no specifis medicated food for a betta unless you find some tropical fish food ( not medicated goldie food) .Tail rot is often caused by poor water conditions among other things. The best thing to do for him is keep his water pristine , do frequent water changes , add some aquarium salt , some melafix ( or bettafix) and heat if you can. Those things will help with the healing process. With this treatment it will still take about a month or two before his tail grows back in

Archived