Blood Spots On Fins

ktinal900

How long was he on the ampicillin hun? You should stop that and switch over at once to the medigold. It isnt ideal to switch like this but I think the pros outweigh the cons. This is internal infection-water born meds in all honesty are not likely to work well. Good luck with the medigold antibiotics and all fins crossed for him :exactly .

Thank you!

He's been on the gelfood for two days... I feed him once a day in the morning. He will get the Medigold tomorrow morning. Should I soak it first before giving it to him or will that make the medication leach out of the food?

You can soak the medigold in a little tank water, the meds wont leach.

Feed him based again on size. So a little more than what is recommended. Dont feed anything else while you feed medigold. If you feel he is very hungry, he may need more medigold.

This morning I gave him the Medigold. He sucked a pellet up, then spit it out. Sucked up another one, spit it out. I was thinking, nooooo! Eat it eat it! Third time he kept it in his mouth. He had me worried there for a minute! I think I soaked a few too many pellets cuz he left some on the bottom of the tank and he usually doesn't leave any crumbs. I got rid of them with my baster. His fins still look bad and his eye is still swollen but I think the cloudiness may be lifting a bit. But he definitely has not been getting any worse. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was impressed with the Medigold. The bleeding in the fins had been increasingly getting worse, but within four days of feeding the Medigold, the bloody spots were essentially gone. It's been several weeks and I'm still feeding the Medigold. Unfortunately, his eye is still cloudy and swollen. No more signs of it getting better. Any more ideas? Keep feeding the Medigold?

It's been several weeks and I'm still feeding the Medigold. Unfortunately, his eye is still cloudy and swollen. No more signs of it getting better. Any more ideas? Keep feeding the Medigold?

I wouldn't do more than 30 days on the medicated food. It also destroys good bacteria in the fish, so he will need a break, and should go back on a regular, healthy diet to replenish those antibodies. Some people recommend another food product sold by goldfishconnection.com for that.

I hope the eye condition gets better! Can you post new pics? Congrats on getting the fins cleared up! That's wonderful!

Thanks, Lolafish! I was thinking I should take him off the meds but wasn't sure. It's been just about 30 days since I started feeding him the Medigold. I think I'll start him back on his Omega One tomorrow. He loves those flakes! :)

Yes, that Medigold is some wonderful stuff! I had been growing more and more worried as the blood spots spread like crazy and one of his fins soon had a huge slit/hole in it :o but strangely that hole healed right back up within days of feeding the Medigold and the fin rot is over; all his fins are filling back in nicely. :) The only thing now is to get his cloudy eye better; it's still swollen and a little cloudy, not a whole lot of improvement on the eye. I'm keeping an eye on water params and doing regular water changes/filter rinses. I don't know what else I can do.. I would love if his eye would get better.