Longest Living Goldfish Alive !

alanworm

The owner of Goldie, Mr. Evans state that he always made sure never to overfeed Goldie.

They said that the only time Goldie was ever in jeopardy was when the Evans went on vacation for a week. They gave the house key to Mrs. Cooper next door to check on Goldie once a day. The Evans dumped a container with a weeks worth of food in the tank and left for vacation. Of course Goldie immediately proceeded to eat the entire supply of food all at once. When Mrs. Cooper stopped over later in the day to check, Goldie was bottom sitting not looking very well. Mrs. Cooper freaked out & thought Goldie was not going to make it. :krazy:

What I don't understand is why they didn't just have Mrs. Cooper feed Goldie once a day? :rolleyes:

a weeks worth of food into the tank? wow! Still though, very cool. I remember hearing once that the oldest living goldfish that was recorded was over 40 years old and still alive today. I just didn't know exactly how long. Then I heard a woman only used bottled water (as anything special or considered extra other than water changes and feeding), and raised hers in a goldfish bowl. Living still and over 12 years.

The owner of Goldie, Mr. Evans state that he always made sure never to overfeed Goldie.

They said that the only time Goldie was ever in jeopardy was when the Evans went on vacation for a week. They gave the house key to Mrs. Cooper next door to check on Goldie once a day. The Evans dumped a container with a weeks worth of food in the tank and left for vacation. Of course Goldie immediately proceeded to eat the entire supply of food all at once. When Mrs. Cooper stopped over later in the day to check, Goldie was bottom sitting not looking very well. Mrs. Cooper freaked out & thought Goldie was not going to make it. :krazy:

What I don't understand is why they didn't just have Mrs. Cooper feed Goldie once a day? :rolleyes:

wow u know japanese ??? i was pretty much guessing wut they are saying !! thx for the translation !!

the goldfish seems a one of the odd type of goldfish .. goldfish has round head and body like a common !!

but its all good he has the look of a old goldfish too!! i wonder if i can ever break the record !! haha

Sadly Goldie died back in 2005 in his home in Devon, England. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/devon/4341254.stm

He was an old fish, but the Evans didnt have proof of how old he was. He looked in pretty good shape before he died, but was very small for his age.

Yer, but i guess that long ago, people didnt come with different names, they were all called goldie or something along those lines! lol