Fish Ideas

TheFishMan

generally goldfish should be a 'species' only tank. the only fish i ever placed with goldies is bristlenose plecs i have also done snails but the goldies are aggresive to the them and can end up killing them, there are also rubbernose plecs and dojo loaches it is like 3 am and i am sleepy i will help more tomorrow :)

• Admin

Dojos are one of goldfish best friends. I have kept them together for years. the wonderful thing about the Dojos is that they will eat any left over food that the goldfish wont eat or is to small for them :D

Roach are brackish fish meaning they live in part saltwater goldfish would die in this environment and the roach would die in 100% freshwater such as what goldfish live in.(there is a freshwater variety which is only found in asia and can not be imported in to Europe and the UK as they are a common pest) They are a major pest in many countries due to the fact that they reproduce quickly and when they do spawn the female can deposit 100 000 - 500 000 eggs. In fact if you catch one you are supposed to destroy the fish in many countries of the world They need to have at least 3metre deep water 9feet and the fish you are mostly catching are baby roaches they can get up to a foot and half long and require a fairly large amount of water.

I tell you this do not place these fish with any fish from the carp family such as koi and goldfish.

Right now I have my 2 inch common gf in a 20 gal with one platy and one cory catfish. I had to move him out of my gf only tank because one of my new goldies was picking on him. He's been with the platy and cory about a week now and they all totally ignore each other and are getting along fine. Large gf should not be kept with these smaller fish as they may try and eat them but for now there is no danger.