How Much Weight Does Your Marine Tank Hold?

Lolafish

I'm curious. Hubby and I have been debating how much weight our 125g. can hold. Since it used to be a saltwater tank, I assume it held lots of rock, coral, etc....that weighed a lot. How much weight can a tank that size accommodate?

We are trying to decide if a 20 lb. statue can go in mine without causing the bottom of the tank to give way or break. It would be the heaviest peice. Everything else would just be a scattering of 3-5" river rocks and 2 smaller rock statues weighing about 3-5 lbs. each.

i don't see a problem lola in a tank your size if it were marine there would be 125lbs of live rock 40-50lbs of crushed coral or sand and then the volume of water it should bee 100% fine

The biggest risk in doing somethign like this is that you put an extreme amount of pressure on a small part of the bottom of the tank. This is what breaks glass tanks. You can use a large piece of light diffuser on the bottom of the tank to spread out the weight. Personally I wouldn't risk putting something that heavy inside a glass tank.