Sign in to follow this  
gollie23

New Fish

can you get a better pic...does it have pop up scales???

Picture140.jpg

In this picture, you can see a little bit of his pop-up scales.

Edited by gollie23

I'll try to get better pictures tonight. They just move so fast and my camera isnt that great. :)

I'd say perlie!

Can't see any pearlings. It's a calico fantail, but a very nice one with the short tail and nice patterning! I would bought him without second thought.

Yes I fell in love with him when I first saw him. (hehe love at first sight). Anyways, his belly tells me he's a pearlscale but then we can barely see his pearlscales. Anyways, I'll try to get a better picture of him and his scales. :)

He looks to me like a fantail. I can't see any pearling.

Very cute either way!

A new pic and a video. Enjoy! :D

Picture222.jpg

Edit: Video will be added later as it is still uploading.

Edited by gollie23

he could turn out to be ryukin as he has a slight hump my vote is ryukin over fantail

I also thought ryukin/pearlscale mix or fantail/pearlscale mix. But for now I will consider him as a calico fantail. :D

Here is a video showing how hard it is to get a good picture of them. :)

Lola and Shinobi looked like that as babies, and they are fantails. I've seen lots of baby pearlies in LFS's, and they are quite round, like marbles.

Here is a video showing how hard it is to get a good picture of them. :)

He is really adorable!

Fat tummy doesn't always mean pearlscale :) the scales of a calico fish might look like pearlscales sometimes because of the difference in opacity and such. However I'm in love with him!! He's such a nice calico fantail and I'm sure will grow into a unique, big, beautiful fish.

Hey d_golem, the fish in your siggy is beautiful. How old was he in the first picture and how old in the last picture?

beatiful fantail! He has such a short little tail, cute! Looks like he might have some ryu in him.

i don't think he has any pearlscale in him as the babys are quite round i recently bought a baby pearlscale and i have to say they are extremely round bodied fish. i still think he is a juvinelle ryukin.

i would just like to point out it looks like you have an extremely strong current in your tank as the fish look like they are having an enormous amount of trouble swimming without being blown about

Edited by dan in aus

Hey d_golem, the fish in your siggy is beautiful. How old was he in the first picture and how old in the last picture?

Thx mate. Not sure how old she was in the first one, prolly 3-4 months old as she was only about 1.5 inch long. The last picture was taken 1.5 years ago (wow I never realised that it's already that long ago). Now she is around 2.5 years of age and 4.5 inches in length.

Maybe ryukin? :unsure:

He grew a lot, didn't he golem? :D

And dan, at night I lower the water current so they can have their nice relaxing sleep every night.

Maybe ryukin? :unsure:

Hump not prominent enough to be considered a ryukin, sorry mate :)