Bare Bottom 75

gardengirl

I got the new tank set up last weekend and got the baby fantails moved in a couple of days ago..... They are so small, but LOVE the big tank. Here are a few pics:

Freshly set up. I like to use blue backgrounds on my tanks:

75Before.jpg

"The Seven Dwarfs" waiting to go into their new home.

7Dwarfs.jpg

Floating in the new tank in the upper right hand corner:

BabiesFloating.jpg

Swimming in the anacharis after their release:

InTheTank.jpg

I'm so pleased with the set up. It's the first time I've ever had a big tank, bare on the bottom. I can see how much easier it will be to keep clean. :)

Edited by gardengirl

:) Congrats on the super looking tank,and it looks great with the plants btw. The goldies will love them. :yeah:

Bare bottom is alot easier to clean for sure ,so that part you'll love. Good luck and take lots of pics as they grow.

A final congrats to you Gardengirl. Your fish will love their new space. I find with bare-bottomed, I never have to suction the bottom again!! It's incredible! This may change when I add river stone, as I'm sure some food will get trapped, but for now, all I do is remove/replace water. I keep an empty media bag tied on the syphon so I don't have to worry about curious fishies, and there is never anything trapped against the opening becuz the bare tank stays so darned clean. :rofl

You know I DO find that the bottom of the tank gets rather grungy with algea though..... I bought a long handled scrubby for the bare-bottom show tank and I scrub it, but is there something else I should be doing???

Algae? What's that? I don't get algae. Not the green kind anyway. :(

lol, lolafish, I can send you mine, I seem to get a different variety every week!! Its like what will it look like this week!

I have the same problem gardengirl, I just have to scrub it every week with the long handle algae cleaner, kinda like hoovering up!! It is annoying as it doesnt look very nice. I get it on all my glass panels, plants, wood etc! i just scrub till my arm hurts then leave it!

Your tank looks nice.

Can I ask how did you get your airstone to stay flat is it siliconed on there??

FC, I bought a LONG triangular shaped bubble wand. It has a flat bottom and sits perfectly on the bottom of the tank. I want another one for the right side eventually so there's an entire wall of bubbles along the back of the tank. The fish LOVE it. :)

FC, I bought a LONG triangular shaped bubble wand. It has a flat bottom and sits perfectly on the bottom of the tank. I want another one for the right side eventually so there's an entire wall of bubbles along the back of the tank. The fish LOVE it. :)

really can you pm me of where you got them?? :please

really can you pm me of where you got them?? :please

u can get them at most fishstores, I have 1 like that too, except I buried it under the gravel cause it looks nicer that way

Edited by Shamu23