What To Do With The Eggs?

Guest Outbackhill

Guest Outbackhill

After seeing our calico telescopic fantail chasing around our larger orange and white oranda for days and then still seeing no eggs I figured that my chances for goldfish fry this time around was going to be fruitless.. Especially with the oranda girl being moved to a hospital tank due to wen damage. This was over a week ago. However today, while checking up on them, I noticed small clear circles covering the homemade mop head (acrylic yarn). Yay! Eggs! And likely from the red cap and an unknown romeo (either the calico fantail, moor or chocolate fantail).

However, here's my question. I've removed the mop head with the eggs into a bucket with 6" water. I'm going to probably move them into a new container today or tomorrow... I just wanted to get them out of the tank before the others in the tank ate them. I want to know if I should leave them in the rubbermaid container they'll be in with the mop that the eggs are attached to. Or do I wait until they hatched and then remove the mop. Or do I rinse/take them off the mop, and if so, what's the best method to accomplish this? And if I don't have methylene blue, are there other medications to control fungus that would work? Are most commercially available fungus medication alright for eggs/fry?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I would take the mops rinse them with same temp water dont worry eggs will not fall off.. just be gentle.. and put the mop into a container thats big enough but not to deep drop in a little 5 watt heater.. and add your fungus meds.. i dont think you have to remove the eggs.. that would be a chore and also it could kill the others by mushing them or sumthing.. when the fry or no longer sticking to the mop and they are free swimming and on the bottom then i'd take out the mop..

Guest Outbackhill

Thanks jewels. That pretty much mirrors what I thought I should do. Hopefully sometime this weekend I should have some goldfish babies. ^^ And then maybe, with A LOT of luck, some may even live. o.0

um.. this prob isnt the right thread to ask but i have a couple of goldies that im sure are pregnant, do u think jewels that i should take them out or leave them in the pond or just put a mop in(never heard of it like that) and then wait til they hatch, i hope ya dont mind me asking ya. its just that i liked ya answer to outback hill and to me ya sound like ya no wat ya talking bout. thanks for any help.

Thanks jewels. That pretty much mirrors what I thought I should do. Hopefully sometime this weekend I should have some goldfish babies. ^^ And then maybe, with A LOT of luck, some may even live. o.0

cant wait! :nana

gonna ask ya a silly q, wat time is it there.its 3 in the afternoon here

um.. this prob isnt the right thread to ask but i have a couple of goldies that im sure are pregnant, do u think jewels that i should take them out or leave them in the pond or just put a mop in(never heard of it like that) and then wait til they hatch, i hope ya dont mind me asking ya. its just that i liked ya answer to outback hill and to me ya sound like ya no wat ya talking bout. thanks for any help.

in a pond its more of a natural place for them.. what size is your pond? do you have plants ect?