Oh Geez!

mike the fishy

ok i just fed Nipper my 2-year fantail the usual 4 pellets of pro gold and while he was eating he spat out a small white object.

upon further expection of the object, i found out what it was.

A TOOTH!

can anyone figure out what is wrong with Nipper? something like this has never happened before

tank size-30 US gal fish-1 (about 2 inches)

water changes-every weekend and 20% fish food-4 pellets of pro gold every day unusual behavior?-no

unsusal findings?-no

meds?-no

It shouldnt be anything to worry about! :D

Goldfish are constantly growing new teeth. If you found a tooth on the bottom of your tank that means he has grown a new one.

Ditto.

Nothing to worry about whatsoever.

I find little white things like that on the bottom of my tank all the time......I've always wondered whree they came from, as I have a bare bottom tank too....but I always thought goldfish teeth were a myth :unsure:

I find little white things like that on the bottom of my tank all the time......I've always wondered whree they came from, as I have a bare bottom tank too....but I always thought goldfish teeth were a myth :unsure:

I think their teeth are in their throat instead of in their mouth. :D

Look at Warzone's post on this topic on GF discussion and there is a good pic of them!!!

• 2 weeks later...