Getting A Pearl Scale!

Chrissy_Bee

So, I got some GREAT news this week. I was supposed to be doing a semester in another provice this winter for my grad studies and I reallllllly wasn't looking forward to it (a large part of the reason being that my pets woudl be left in the care of my sis, who means well but would likely have not kept up with their care, especially the goldies). So I decided to put my desire to get a new goldie on hold until I got back. Well, guess who's not giong now??? :D

This means I can get the fish I have room for. Annnnd it just so happens that an lfs here has absolutely beautiful calico pearlscales for FOUR dollars!!! The other lfs where I was admiring them was charging 30 :blink: . Now I just have to finish stabilizing the nitrates in my water and then I"m getting the new fish, my first pearlscale ever! I may even name it after the city I was supposed to move to, LOL. I'm so excited but none of my friends appriciate it, so I figured I'd post here!

Chrissy

^^^^^^

Wow, those are some fish! Are they yours?

Are your results good?!

Yes they are mine. Both fish won 1st prize at different competition.

Wow, those fish are beautiful! I can't believe how round that last guy is. Now I'm even more excited!! :krazy:

And on a good note, my water perams are looking realllly good...I think the new fish may just come home tomorrow

Chrissy

My jaw dropped when I saw those beautiful pearlies! Amazing fish. I have never had good luck with them for some reason, I'll have them a while the tank is fine they have no symptoms of anything being wrong and I'll come home and they'll be dead. This has happened twice and I still have the fish that was in the tank with them so strange huh? Anyway, good luck getting your new fishy baby Chrissy Bee!

only $1.40? you gotta be kidding... were they that big when you got them?

OK! No kidding. It was 45mm long and 25mm wide when I first got him. The picture that you see is 8 months later and it was 110mm long.

Actually these type of pearlscales are very common here in Singapore. You can find them in almost every aquarium shop. They are bred in Ipoh, Malaysia. If you buy them in bulk of approximately 50 pieces per bag, they only cost Singapore dollars 0.40 (US$0.27) each wholesale and Singapore dollars 1.20 (US$0.80) retail.

Here is a picture of another Golfball Pearlscale.

6tzznee.jpg

Edited by HNLim

Aiya, can't compare Singapore goldfish prices with US or Australian's lah.

HNLim, are you by any chance an active member (or once an active member) of a Singaporean Goldfish forum? The first Tikus pearlie you posted looks very familiar.

Aiya, can't compare Singapore goldfish prices with US or Australian's lah.

HNLim, are you by any chance an active member (or once an active member) of a Singaporean Goldfish forum? The first Tikus pearlie you posted looks very familiar.

Fully agree with you.