New 120 Gallon

sle586

I am not too crazy for any filter that uses a cartridge. I do own a biowheel filter but use a home made sponge thing I made for it. I have a Betta Splendens in a Biowheel tank and removed the cartridge from its frame and replaced it with filter floss. I am currently running an old Supreme Aquamaster (22 yeas old!!) in my goldie tank. My next filtration will be DIY. I have made a few powerhead sponge filters that work well also.

aquaclear 110for large tanks!! no cartridge to deal with. one of the filters with the largest media holding capacity out there. you could customize your media to your liking. dont think i know any HOB filter out there that has 500gph flow rate.

Was looking at the Coralife F/W T-5 Aqualight Double Strip Light-30" x2 from bigals

The Coralife F/W Aqualight T-5 is a double lamp fixture ideal for freshwater and planted aquariums. Includes one Colormax Full Spectrum and one 6700K T-5 (5/8 diameter) fluorescent lamp. Features an on/off switch, a built in electronic ballast, sleek black aluminum housing, a highly polished reflector, acrylic lens cover and adjustable width tank mounts. T-5 lamps are 18 watts each.

Just got the filter in today. I set it up and everything but the white round thing are sticking up out of the water. Am I suppose to cut the foam some so its lower?

not sure when i set up my cousins it just fit together perfectly maybe doing some fiddling to see if you can get it in if not maybe try cutting it. is this tank for goldfish? if so your filtration is a bit behind on your tank you need 1200gph the 2 AC 110's together only pump 1000gph