Say Hi.

Guest levey

Ok. This is Chucky. He won't stay still for pictures. So this is the best I have. I bought Chucky a while back. (about 5 years ago)

I bought him and two others for my kids. I stuck all of them in a crappy little fish bowl, and filled it with water from the tap. I never treated the water, so two of them died within days. However. Chucky survived. How....I'll never know. He stayed in that little bowl for almost five years.... with nothing but chlorinated water, and his daily feedings. My own ignorance...I know. But now, he's in a larger tank, and has a few friends.

PS. Sorry about the picture quality. These little buggers are hard to take pictures of. lol

Chucky.

picture466614488.jpg

picture466614535i.jpg

Next up is Bighead. I bought him a while back, and he seems to be doing great. Not much to tell really. I haven't had him long enough.

Bighead

picture466614503.jpg

picture466614483.jpg

picture466614479.jpg

picture466614474.jpg

picture466614456.jpg

Next up is Doser. Much like Bighead, I bought him a little while back. But have had him long enough to say much.

Doser

picture466614495.jpg

picture466614484.jpg

picture466614477.jpg

picture466614475.jpg

picture466614457.jpg

Edited by levey

uh oh, to give the goldies a nice home, you will need a tank that is at least 40 gals...20 for Chucky, 10 for Bighead, and 10 for Doser. i think you should make some plans to upgrade as soon as possible

what kind of filtration do you have? :)

Edited by love-rabbit-fish

Yeah. I'm saving for a 40 gallon tank. Can't wait.

As for filters. Right now I have two filters in the tank. One is a fluval submersible filter. I've heard that it isn't "specifically" designed for goldies, but seems to help a bit, as the filter is pretty gross when I change it.

The other is an Aqua Tech filter. I heard that they aren't that great, but seems to be working well on this small tank. I clean/replace the filters every two weeks, and do a 30% water change every three or four days. Plus, I have a small algae eater in there. Everything seems to going well, so far.

I can't remember the name. But the guy at the pet store recommended him, as he isn't supposed to get very big. Maybe four or five inches. Hope that helps.

Why do you ask? Remember...I'm a newb. lol

lol, i'm miles and miles away from what you call an experience owner, i'm still learning all i can too lol :D

see the thing with the algae eater is that if you have a common pleco, that is not so good with goldies, as they can suck on the goldies' slim coat. take a peek at the links :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=10942

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=50587

those are nice fish

your moor looks like it has fire eyes :D

if you can't afford a tank then get a rubbermaid (40gallons) and get a aquaclear 50

Thanks. I love the moor too.

Ok. I gotcha on the aquaclear 50 (had to google it) lol

But...aren't rubbermaid containers supposed to be used for trash? I mean...Do they even sell clear ones?

those are nice fish

your moor looks like it has fire eyes :D

if you can't afford a tank then get a rubbermaid (40gallons) and get a aquaclear 50

Thanks. I love the moor too.

Ok. I gotcha on the aquaclear 50 (had to google it) lol

But...aren't rubbermaid containers supposed to be used for trash? I mean...Do they even sell clear ones?

yes they cell clear ones :D

lol, i'm miles and miles away from what you call an experience owner, i'm still learning all i can too lol :D

see the thing with the algae eater is that if you have a common pleco, that is not so good with goldies, as they can suck on the goldies' slim coat. take a peek at the links :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=10942

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=50587

Thanks again. Like I said. I'm not sure what kinda eater it is. I'll see if I can get the little bugger to come out, and I'll take a picture. I do, however, add a chemical that the pet store told me would maintain the slime coat. :dunno:

Okay. I couldn't get a picture of the bugger...but did find a picture of an eater that looks just like it. (mine is much smaller)

These fish are supposedly called Siamese algae-eating sharks. :dunno:

Any feedback on this eater would be appreciated.

Shark,14.jpg

As everyone is sayng, you'll need to upgrade, and really you shouldn't have your moor in with the common, because the moor is sight-challenged it'll take him longer to find food, and because the common is so fast, he'll snap up all the food most likely without leaving any for the moor

I think you have great fish! You know, it is true what tropicana said about the moor and the comet, but when you get a bigger tank for them, you an always buy a divider and use it during feeding with the moor on one side. That way, he can always get his share of food, then remove it when they are done feeding. Thanks for sharing your pics! Great names, too! I love Doser!!! I have a black moor, too, named Hammy.

I have a good camera. I have some nice fish.

I cannot take pictures of them anywhere near as beautiful and clear as the ones you have. WOW. I am truly in awe. I wanna do that. How do you do that?

???????????????????????