Tootle And Loreng

Trinket

Still not grown as much as I'd like because I had some probs in their tank. But they are well and from now I hope will start to grow more. They do have bigger tummies but no sign of wen growth yet :(

P1020592.jpg

Tootle

P1020599.jpg

Tootlescontrast-1.jpg

Loreng

P1020600.jpg

P1020610.jpg

P1020615-1.jpg

P1020614.jpg

P1020616.jpg

Wow, their little bodies really are filling out. Love the colors too. I think I see a hint of wen growth on tootle. Its there. I dont see anything on the other one though. Cute fish. They will grow up to be lookers for sure.

They are active fish, always rummaging and they know me now. Hand feeding already. Loreng it turns out is female as she has already done an absorped eggs poop. The eggs are like jelly and harder than air bubbles so the poop stands vertically in the water :blink: I'm hoping they'll get wen growth soon. I think you're right Frazer I can see a little wen coming on Tootle.

By the way tutal (and I'm spelling it Tootle) means spots in Indonesian and Loreng means stripes- thanks d_golem for those great name ideas!

I think I see a hint of wen growth on tootle. Its there..
Thanks!!
Oh, they are lovely. A bit like my babies, but prettier. :)
Not prettier- different! I love your fish and especially Mr H.

As you know, I really love that backing paper too - it's so effective and compliments Calico-coloured fish perfectly :exactly

thanks MrB good to see you on if briefly. Miss you.

Likewise Sharon- hope you can get on here more soon. We miss you!

They look fantastic you have done a marvelous job with them! I always love calico fish and your's are particularly stunning their colors really stand out.

Thanks so much everyone :) They are certainly starting to fatten up now I've got the nitrates back down in their tank. I'm looking forward to seeing wen soon! Nice to see you Maceo.

You have the fancy, expensive water simulated background...lovin' it!

What cute, cute calicos. My LFS has an adorable calico oranda I've had my eye on, it's a bitty thing right now. I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, if he still has it in a month or so, I'll get it. My 55 will be empty, eventually - and will be calling out for an occupant. I wouldn't want to put more than 2 fish in there though.

How long have you had yours?

Rach and Lola, these two already made their debut here a few months ago. Would I ever dare not introduce new fish to you guys :rolleyes::D

I'll get a pic of their tank but I warn you I am not a designer. Nothing much in this tank. A plant that dies and then is reborn every few weeks...a stocking hose of media hanging...a turtle cave,eheim internal filter and overhead filter,no rocks (I have my bubble-eye in with them) nothing very planned or pretty except the backing paper. The fish are the decoration.