Some Of My Fantail Babies

gardengirl

I'm growing out seven fantail babies that a friend from Louisiana sent me. They were so small when I got them -- like the size of a babies fingernail. Now they're getting bigger and coloring up. It's been great fun watching them grow up..... They don't really sit still for the camera, but I wanted to share a pic with you all:

Fancies.jpg

I haven't named them, but thought the names of the seven dwarfs would apply to this bunch, LOL......

CUTE!!!! Why did your friend send them to you? looks like you have them in a plastic bin or rubbermaid.

My friend had a big spawn in her pond and offered them to me. I paid for shipping and she sent me the fancies along with a bunch of shubunkin comets to grow out. The common/comet tailed fish are separated from these fancies. And yes, I do have them in a plastic 10 gallon bin at the moment. They'll upgrade to a 15 gallon soon, then a 70 or 75 gallon next. Their current tank is filtered by two corner filters and has two airstones, a heater, plants, light, and gets a water change twice a week. They get fed twice a day -- sinking chow in the AM and frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp in the PM. So far they are doing really well and I've had a total blast watching them grow out. :)