What Am I?

Guest tedmaul

Guest tedmaul

Evening all. First post for me.

Had my fish, Findus, for almost a year now and still have no idea what he actually is. Looks like some kind of fantail i think, but not sure.

He's pretty small, around 2 inches long, and as far as i can tell hasn't grown at all in the time i've had him. He's kind of portly (he prefers the term 'big boned' !! ) , in that he has a slightly 'egg' shaped belly.

Anyone any ideas?

2zqhkao.jpg

1zd9m6g.jpg

fbjqyb.jpg

3324ef5.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality pics. Camera phone is rubbish and i can't get him to sit still for a photo!

Thanks.

Edited by tedmaul

Guest tedmaul

Ooh, at last i know! Thanks! :D

Cheers for the welcome too. Great forums here, wish i'd found the place ages ago! Was given the fish as a gift so was completely unprepared for what was involved in looking after the little fella.

With regards to the tank - having done some reading on here tonight it's clearly not big enough! Only 4 gallons. :wa

Need to go shopping for something bigger methinks....

With regards to the tank - having done some reading on here tonight it's clearly not big enough! Only 4 gallons. :wa

Need to go shopping for something bigger methinks....

So many of us have been there, done that, after getting awful advice from ill-informed store personnel. Now is your chance to learn what your little friend needs to survive.

:welcome

• 2 weeks later...

what a little darling!

You can often times pick up a tank for cheep if you watch the classified ad5, or maybe ebay if you live in/near a big city and can pick stuff up.

Make sure you get a filter that's rated for twice as many gallons as your tank capacity. Goldfish are twice as messy as tropical fish. The bigger the better. :)

• 4 weeks later...