Sign in to follow this  
dickey_moe

Enjoying My Little Shell Dwellers

I need some crime scene tape and chalk for an outline!! :D

You can if you want to but I think you are partial. :D

It's worse than I thought..This Just in: POLICE SUSPECT PARENTS

Police are searching for bodies in the same area as two others were found yesterday. The decision to search was made after a wellness check on the fry of suspected fry-killers Rickey and Mumsy Shellie, found only one fry in residence. The couple were known to have as many as 13.

The couple were arrested yesterday and charged with one count of fry murder, after a body was found in their backyard. The couple posted bail and were back in the tank by midnight. "We are looking into the possibility of further crimes having been committed" the police chief said, as concerns for the remaining fry surfaced this morning. When asked if the parents were suspected he replied "They certainly had the opportunity". He would not rule out the possibility of fry abduction or the surfacing of a serial killer.

The Parents of the missing fry have been under suspicion before: in the early weeks of 2008, several fry that were known to exist, suddenly vanished amid a whirl of speculation and allegations of fry abuse. No bodies were ever found, and the pair were never charged due to lack of evidence. The residents in that community were never convinced of their innocence, and their own children turned against them.

Bart Shellie said of his Parents: "Oh yeah, he was like..Psychcotic, and she was Lizzie Borden with fins". " My sisters and I got out when we were very young, we didn't want to end up dead like our brother." The brother he referred to was not known to authorities and was found dead, his body dumped in full view just beyond his parent's property line. "We were told he was away at camp".

Bart said.

Police intend to leave no shell unturned in their search for the missing fry.

In feel sorry for the fry.

But the police reports are hilarious. :rofl:rofl

Back to reality: I have to get to my exam in time. No traffic jam :please

THIRD BODY FOUND

Police surveillance of Rickey Shellie today pinpointed the location of a third body on the Shellie's property. Shellie, unaware that he was being watched, led police to an isolated shell in the front of the tank and the decaying corpse of yet another fry. Before the police could swoop in and arrest Shellie, he picked up the body and moved it to the edge of his property. He then spit the fry as far as he could into his neighbor's yard. The yard belongs to reputed mob boss Bad Brad. Shellie who was out on bail, was immediately placed in custody and charged with 1 count of Fryocide.

Authorities speculate that Shellie killed the fry and hastily dumped the body so it wouldn't be detected. Then, thinking twice, he decided to move the body to Brad's territory to deflect suspicion from Him and Mumsy. Unfortunately for him, the police were watching. "We don't know how he missed the helicopter" the Police Chief said, "He really didn't think this out".

Shellie's Lawyer claimed that his client was gillty of no more than moving a body. " No one saw him kill the fry". "My client made a bad choice, but he is innocent of murder". The Judge agreed, and fined him for littering. He was then set free along with the judge's stern warning not to appear before him again. He is still awaiting trial on the previous charge.

Meanwhile, the Police investigation into the whereabouts of the couple's missing children has reached conclusion. Acting on anonymous tips, Police and Fry Welfare agents raided a number of shells on the East Side of the tank. Six fry were found immediately, and two newborns were found during a tighter search. They all claimed to be the Fry of Rickey and Mumsy Shellie. Fry Welfare agents determined that the Fry were all uninjured and appeared well-fed. They made the decision not to intervene.

Police did find two Fry that were hidden from sight on the Shellies property after yesterday's search, bringing the total of young fry found there to 3. There were also 3 newborns accounted for. This find brings the total of newborns to 5 which is the number the pair was known to have. The young Fry however, including the three dead, are 1 Fry short of the total of known Fry.

Police fear for the safety of that one Fry, and ask anyone with any information to come forward. There is also a drive on to find the fry, sponsored by a local fish food company :post-10035-1213296945_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chickey

Photo of the crime scene:post-10035-1213297448_thumb.jpg

:rofl:tomuch::rofl2 ....this is waaayyyy to funny !!!! Have you noticed this thread has over 58,000 veiwed!!!..I'm always looking for the little buggers in the fish stores now :D ...

Fined him for littering!!!

:tomuch:

You've got the best imagination. :P

Edited by thoughtsofjoy

I have waaaaaaay too much time on my hands! :D

Eastie Beastie is enjoying his retirement a little too much. He barely moves all day and seems to prefer the company of Daisy over Minnie. Daisy can't seem to sit still and wanders all over the tank checking out the shells for the umpteenth time. I think they do not like the location of the tank, and I am thinking of moving it to a place that will not have so much traffic. I think they feel a little exposed.

What good is paradise if you are living on a freeway???

That reminded me of that one song... "They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot..."

Eastwood and his harem. :rofl

Ohmygoodness :rofl !!!!!! The thlot plickens. THREE bodies already? This is serious crime time.

On a fluffier note..I think I recognise that container... :D & the dot representing the missing fry is tooooo sad

Well! Where do I begin?

Frytown: the tank has 3 sections now. Frytown sprang up when Mumsy and Rickey chased all of the babies out. It is located in the unfashionable end of the tank that was once Eastwood's home.

I put alot of new shells in there for them and their numbers are suprising! There were 10 there (Mumsy finally succeeded in driving #10 out of her shell) now, that number should have been right considering that the missing fry was found hiding out in Brads territory. 10 fry plus 3 dead ones equals 13 fry right? well, I found a dead fry and accidentaly killed one during a cleaning. So I should have 8 fry right? So how come I have 9?

I also have 3 smaller fry. Those 3 may be the newborns that Mumsy had in the shell not too long ago. They just appeared down there yesterday. I don't know what happened to the two that were the first to make it down there when frytown first started. but now here's the mystery: I found a newborn in frytown yesterday too! I don't know where it is now, but it was very very tiny. Earlier I found a dead one.

Who is responsible for that baby?? it seems like it was not Mumsy. She is just starting to shell sit again, and I have been spying on her regularly looking for babies.

Could it be that Brad is busy with one of his girls? I still think they are too young. The only possible way it could have happened is if Bart happens to be a girl and not a boy. Bart is almost as big as Mumsy. I still don't think it's Bart. He moves all over the place and doesn't seem to have a shell that he prefers. Mumsy rarely leaves her 4" square world. With babies, she is glued to one shell.

That little one must have been Mumsy's. Why are they all migrating down to the other end?

Brad, Bart and Angelina ignore the new neighbors completely, but NanJan has embarked on a steady campaign of harrassment and general bullying. She has made it her business to make sure that they are never comfortable showing themselves or goofing off too far away from safety. Like all bullies, she is picking on the smallest weakest ones. The three newest residents of Frytown are her favorite targets. The other fry get their share too, and because dirt rolls downhill, they pick on the little ones too.

I am thinking that this type of behavior is actually necessary. If the fry are seen by predators, it could cause alot of trouble for the community. So Mumsy picks on them to drive them out of her shell ("as soon as you're 18, You're outta here") and they are picked on if they are out of the shell to force them to get out of sight. Those that don't comply, die. They will eventually be killed from all the attacks. I hope I don't find any little bodies. :( I get so attached to the little buggers, and I know I can't keep them all but I hate to see bodies.

Pesky: He is living on borrowed time. Both Brad and Rickey have attacked him. Mumsy even had a go at him. I looked in the tank and had a hard time finding him until I looked down in Frytown. There he was.. slinking around and checking out all of the groovy shells that only had little kids in them. He must have thought he had it made until NanJan saw him and drove him out.

He is going to have to go. I hate to see him get hurt. The babies have to go too. There is just so much room in this tank.

I am having trouble finding a fish store to take them. The problem is that they are being kept in water that I formulate to make it similar to what they would have in the actual lake they came from.

The ph is a solid 8.2 and the fish stores don't want to dedicate a tank just to them. The only way they would take them is if I manage to lower the ph they are in down to neutral. I am not sure what that would do to the babies. I suppose if it were done verrry sloooooowly over a couple of weeks they would be o.k.. but I have no idea how to do it.

I am not sure I want to do it either, I have read a few articles about osmosis and found that low ph can cause problems for fish that are suited for high ph. and vice versa. I'd hate to see them kept in water that was not good for them just to make it easier on a shop owner. One of them called them "too fussy" and didn't want them. Others have said they aren't pretty enough.

As far as them being too fussy: They are very easy to take care of. I mix the water in a tub that is large enough to hold ten gallons, and keep it for my water changes. They prefer small regular water changes and regular cleaning of excess food. That is easily done with an airhose siphon, it really helps to get in between the shells. The sand that I use does get sucked up but debri doesn't sink into it, it just stays on the top. They don't like alot of current and alot of people who keep them use sponge filters. I use an internal filter that just needs regular cleaning. They don't produce alot of waste if they are not overfed. I think they are easier than goldfish!

the shells are not hard to maintain either. Just turn them upside down in a bare spot in the tank and everything just falls out. then you can suck it up. the shells that are lived in regularly are usually cleaned by the fish.

I am going to vist local aquarium societies next...

:tomuch: Your police reports are genius!!!

Good luck finding homes for your fry! :goodluck

Edited by Petperson04

I really love those shellies. If I lived closer I would allready be on your doorstep to addopt several off them :gcar:

I really love those shellies. If I lived closer I would allready be on your doorstep to addopt several off them :gcar:

To be clear, she isn't kidding when she says this :P:wacko:

I wish you could adopt them too, I could rest easy knowing they are being cared for. :)

Just in case anyone was wondering how it all turned out:

ACCUSED FRY KILLERS ACQUITTED

The trial of accused fry killlers Rickey and Mumsy Shellie came to an end today after a dramatic afternoon in court. After a compelling closing argument by the defense, The Jury was sent out for deliberation. They deliberated for about 5 minutes and sent a note to the judge stating that they were hopelessly confused and having difficulty reaching a verdict, and requested a chalkboard. Two hours later the verdict of "Not Gillty" was delivered.

One Juror who was reached for comment had this to say: "It just didn't add up". "The prosecutor in the case was never able to explain away the extra fry". The pair were known to have 13 children, and three were known dead. The parents were suspected in one of the deaths. When the live fry were counted however; there were 11 fry found.

"The whole case hinged on the math" The Defense Attorney said, and praised the Judge for allowing the chalkboard during deliberation. He also stated that the couple had no intention of selling the rights to their story, instead they would send it in as a math quiz question for the popular TV show "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader".

They deliberated for about 5 minutes and sent a note to the judge stating that they were hopelessly confused and having difficulty reaching a verdict, and requested a chalkboard. Two hours later the verdict of "Not Gillty" was delivered.

Fantastic :rofl Not Gillty :rofl2

They requested a chalkboard :tomuch:

You're killing me :rofl2

Well the mystery continues.... The three tiny fry that showed up in frytown have grown, but have been pushed by the older larger fry off into one corner of the tank. There are 4 fry there living in one shell. Today I noticed two more teeny tiny fry newborns over there. I checked on Mumsy and sure enough,

she has a shell full of newbies. I counted at least ten. Mabe they are hers, but they are smaller than the fry she has at the moment. Someone is having babies in this tank without permission.

Ahhhh the blessed Miracle of Birth etc...etc... and so forth.. =Bleah= :P Mumsy is going to find herself all alone in a sandy tank somewhere.

I have to find a fish store that will take them!!! I put them on Craigslist, but there are no takers. I am probably the last person on the earth to find out just why no one has any of these fish... :lol1 THEY ARE TRIBBLES!!

I have to find a fish store that will take them!!! I put them on Craigslist, but there are no takers. I am probably the last person on the earth to find out just why no one has any of these fish... :lol1 THEY ARE TRIBBLES!!

Good thing that I looked that up on Wikipedia are I hadn't understood you.