I Have 3 New Mystery Snails!

Hi everyone!

Okay well for my birthday this year i got two golden mystery snails. One is called Garion Jr and the other is unamed. Garion Jr has dwarfed unamed in the matter of 19 days, which really surprises me, and kind of concerns me that one might be getting more food, but mum says they're both getting the same.

Yesterday I got a brown shelled mystery snail with a blue foot and body named blue. He is very shy and just now he is moving a little. Does anyone know why he is scared?

If anybody has tips with these mystery snails they would be most welcome. :) Pictures coming soon. :carrot:

They are so cute!!! I remember a few years ago we could only get the yellow snails, with the yellow foot and shell, but recently I have seen blue ones like yours and snails with a deep brown shell and yellow body.

Ha ha, Garion Jnr snail is so funny. By chance the other day he discovered the pellet I dropped near the male pleco's cave (he is egg-sitting atm). Now everytime the snail smells food he heads straight to the male pleco's cave (aka coffee mug). His latest trick is to climb up to the top of the water and free fall or dive bomb the pleco's cave, it's so funny. The pleco is not amused and sweeps him away with swishes of his tail, that's funny too.

I got some more pics!!! :)

All 3 snails in perfect alignment:

RIMG0037.jpg

Jeremy and Blue:

RIMG0069.jpg

Blue and his reflection:

RIMG0090.jpg

Garion Jr and Blue:

RIMG0097.jpg

Jeremy and Blue:

RIMG0095.jpg

Jeremy climbing over the shell of dearly departed Jimmy. (Who Jeremy is kind of named after. Jimmy died about half a year back, we had him for a while. RIP Jimmy)

RIMG0089.jpg

Also guys, its not just aqua snails I'm interested in! Yesterday I picked up two snails from my backyard. I've put them in a large jar with grass and leaves in it, and put Gladwrap over the top with holes in it so they can breathe. Does anybody have some caretaking tips?

Here are some pics!

Snails out the back.

RIMG0046-1.jpg

RIMG0047.jpg

RIMG0049.jpg

A snail in his Jar infront of the tank, compared to Blue.

RIMG0064.jpg

that was a lot of pics! Phew! :)

Edited by Garion Fishmerised's Son

• 3 weeks later...
Make sure you watch them around you goldies (if they are with them). I got 5 apple snails last year and my goldies picked on them and eventually ate them.

:o

That's terrible! I hope that doesn't happen to my snail

The best place to find information about snails is

www.applesnail.net

Choose 'Discussion' from the menu on the left and it will take you to a snail forum. Snails may be slower moving in cool temperatures. The higher the temp the more active the snails will be but there's a catch, the higher the temperature the shorter the life span. I keep & breed several different types of snails and what I find is goldfish and snails rarely get along. Goldfish will nip at their tentacles, knock them off the glass and pick at them until they are so stressed they lock up tight and starve to death. All goldfish personalities are different of course but my guys wouldn't leave them alone, I keep them in their own tanks with a few corys.

Love the pictures!