Two New Rescued Bubbles

Guest Halloween

Guest Halloween

There is an overabundance of Bubble Eyes at WallyMart and it's so sad because no one wants them, sadder yet, WallyMart seems to get the the major chain petstore rejects or lowest quality from the suppliers so they have strangely formed bubbles (or hardly any bubble at all) I saw one today (I go there just to look for fish in need) and saw a cute little Calico one who's tail is longer than she is <3 I had the silly sales girl prepare a bag and I was watching the tank and of course they mix these Bubbles with stronger more quick fish and I out of the blue I saw a big Moor or Telescope??? Come swooping out of no where and grab another Bubble Eye by it's bubble and SHAKE IT. I almost gasped out loud! Not only did the thing spiral out of control in complete shock but I noticed it had terrible ammonia burns on it's gill covers. So right away I said I wanted that one too. The silly sales girl actually came out and asked me what sized tank I had and if I had enough space and what not. It surprised me. I realize that this post is mostly pointless without photos but I just had to share. I've named them Pele and Seena after the characters of the song How Bizarre by OMC.

The bigger fish shouldn't be in with the bubble eyes. It was probably very underfed. Fish at stores are often desperately hungry. Keeping them that way makes them dance more actively for customers I suppose and also helps keep the tanks cleaner looking.

NEway I'm glad you could take those two :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't think Bubble Eyes are weird looking. I think they are cute and they are my son's fav fish! I would think most kids would love them, you know? Congrats to you on your new fishies! It makes me feel great to hear that there are ppl out there helping these poor fish! I can't wait till I can rescue another!

poor little guy, it's great that you rescue them, it's funy she asked you what is the size of your tank, i guess anything now is better than letting the 2 poor bubble eye sitting in that tiny tank waiting for death, I find bubble eyes are very cute and adorable, even though most people would disagree with me, I know someone that find people raising bubble eye disgusting, he said that no one should raise them and let them all die out.....

• 2 weeks later...

I wish my WallyMart would carry more than just regular fantails and Black Moors (tho I love them..I would love variety...for when I get more tanks of course)

I did see a fancy with ammonia burns on Tuesday when I was at WallyMart and I paid for him and gave him to my buddy who has a 20 gallon tank that just finished cycling.