Betta Meds?

balashark

I just noticed our new betta looks like he's got a mild fungal infection. Kind of white fuzzy lookin stuff on the very end of his tail, nothing on his body or head tho. Still swimming and eating normal, still vibrant color. I'm gonna do a water change now, but are there any good meds for bettas. I can get to the pet store first thing in the morning. I think I have some jungle anti-fungal, should I use that (dosing help, please!) or is there something better?

Thanks!

Yea, I had seen those links...

I took the carbon out of the filter when I did the large water change last night, and added a half-dose of Jungle fungus-clear and added a little aquarium salt. It looks like the white stuff is clearing up already. I'll put the carbon back in and do another good water change in a day or two. Hopefully I caught it early enough.

Hopefully the fungus clear will do the trick. I know I had to use that on my betta that developed pop eye once, and it worked like a dream.

You could maybe salt him a little after that, just in case.

Looks like its all gone! There wasn't much to begin with, but it seems the half-dose of jungle and a tiny bit of aquarium salt did the trick. I'll put the carbon back in and do another water change tomorrow, then just keep my eye on him.

Thanks for your help, grain.