Toys For Goldies

2601angela

Ok; Certified nuts - that is what I am. But Punch likes to play. (Yea I have a job)

Anyway - I took a prescription bottle - one of the small ones with the snap on cap; put some small pebbles inside and put the lid on. Then I took a dremmel and made a number of groves around the flat edge of the lid. after i cleaned the excess plastic off; I took some Hikari freeze dried red worms - wet some of them and proceeded to "push" the worms into the groves. The stones weigh the end of the bottle down enough under the water while the trapped air keeps the bottle on the surface.

The result; The Punch circus show kept me laughing for quite a while. One thing that was nice about it; it kept him feeding and busy for an extended period of time on just a small amount of food. Over time; he cleaned every little scrap of worm from every crevace - while doing so he must have pushed that bottle around the tank 10 to 15 times.

AHHH... it is the lettle things in life that make us look truly insane!!

spawning mops ??

lol yep spawning mops when i had them in the tanks my fish luved them.. My hubby made them out of yarn.. looks just like a broom when there finished.. i can snap a pics real fast if you want to see..

:) Ok heres the pic.. my female luved to play in this..lol but I only use it for bredding.. I do sometimes leave it in the tank during the egg laying season.. just incase.. but they use this to lay the eggs in.. these are small mops.. you can make huge ones.. and After my wedding im going to ask my hubby to make a big one.. lol

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x38/jewels07_03/mop1.jpg

edit.. when I had mine in there the female would always play tug a war with it :P

Edited by jewels

I love the idea of fish toys! Good exercise for the fish too. I know the algae wafers i sometimes feed are a lot of fun and keep them amused for hours frisbeeing those around the tank.