Sudden Bad Behavior

Sushi67

I've been leaving my glass tank top open to make sure the tank stays cool since we have been having freak weather that goes from triple digits, all the way down to cold and raining.

It started with my ranchu Kibum but he has stopped and now Jung Woo is doing it. At first I only heard the splash and by the time I turned around I missed what ever happened. I finally saw it! Jung Woo has been jumping up and out of the water! My common and Kabuki don't really care, but they get excited thinking it feeding time.

I know that sometime when a fish rests for awhile they will dart straight up to wake up but I don't think that is the case. Do you think Jung Woo is mistaking bubbles from the air stone as food? It looks like he is trying to eat something but nothing is there and then finally he gives up.

I'm going to be so mad if he jumps and die after I've worked so hard to get him back to perfect health.

Its not my water, since I've been watching it like a hawk to make sure it perfect since Jung Woo is healing up from finrot. So is Jung Woo just being a weirdo?

Are you sure you don't have any electrical current going through the water? That can make fish jump. He's probably just happy and jumping. My goldfish in the big pond jump all the time. You can hear their tails slap the water.

I'd get a screen on top of that tank soon or else you may have a tragedy on your hands......

No, there is no electrical current running through the water, I would assume all my fish would be freaking out if there was one.

I've already gone back to shutting the top, if it gets hot then I will just have to drop in some ice.

Maybe he is happy, he did just get over finrot so I bet he has a lot more energy. That or he thinks he is now a dolphin. icon_rofl.gif

Ah, silly Jung Woo. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sushi67

I can't see any parasites with my eyes and I left my microscope at the school lab where it then got stolen or placed away by someone. D8

I adjusted the air stone thing and he seems to have stopped, I also skimmed off the foam from the salt. I think he was eating the foam. Like every oranda I've owned, he gets way to excited when he thinks it food time.

from what I have read here sudden jumping could be parasites. can you do a scrap of that fish?

as soon as i read this, i also thought it could be parasites, but it could just be the fish overrecting thinking it's feeding time....hmmm

Just figured out what it is. Heechul is in the mood... :ignore

He is bothering Jung Woo. Although Jung Woo doesn't appear to be interested in Heechul.

I refuse to accept that Jung Woo is a girl. -denial-

Kibum and Kabuki are just ignoring it.

Its the water temp! It just to warm.Its making Heechul "happy".

72 degrees fahrenheit! Eeep! I better go get some ice.