Hundreds Of Eggs!

Guest Capucine

Guest Capucine

OH MY GOODNESS! THE TUB ISN'T EVEN CYCLED!!!

I'M A GRANDMOTHER!! LAMO!

Wow. I DO NOT know what to do!!! There are so many little lives in my hands! I was just going to give her some peas to help "bloating" and I see these tiny balls everywhere... thinking that the tub was REALLY (oddly) dirty and that I betta do the daily water change asap, when I realise! I see that Yin-Yan is a normal streamline goldfish shape and that the specs are EGGS!

I can't believe this. I feel proud, amazed, happy, and most of all... worried! Believe me, I wouldn't know what to do first.

One thing's for sure - I don't have the space or time for that many fry and then fish! Haha.

Geeez, this is... wow. My mouse just had babies too! xD

Help! Thank you!

Guest Capucine

Okay... I may have overreacted.

ARE THEY eggs? Or could they be something else? I'm starting to think maybe it's too good to be true... you know, she's a rescue fish, and she's just in a plain old (well, new) 20 gall. tub at the moment. I do water changes everyday as it's being cycled, I feed her using the 2 min rule, and I give her some peas once a week. I use aquarium salt, and water conditioner. Have I been doing anything wrong?

The "circles" are pretty big. Like, hmmm... almost like the sinking goldfish pellets size (it's not them btw, I soak mine first and they get all mushy and big, and they're brown, these "circles" are a very pale yellow, almost white. Plus there are HUNDREDS of these things, not a pinch, lol).

I am almost positive that they're eggs, but I wouldn't want to rule anything out? I'm NO expert!

Thanks. As I said, help! Please! Any info or comments would be appreciated so much.

Edited by Capucine

Guest Capucine

Umm... can someone please reply? Pretty please? I don't know what I'm doing... I'm not even sure if I should do a water change today. And it was due about 3 hours ago.

:(

Are there any other fish in with her, or is she alone? The eggs will only be fertile if there is a male in there to spray his milt on them.

Edited by TetraLover

Guest Capucine

Hahaha, I didn't know that. No, there are no males with her. I guess they're all infertile, then. I'm silly.

I have no idea how to get them out, though?? They're tiny... a cloth wouldn't work, but it's not like I can pick them up one by one. There are WAY too many.

Gahhh.

Guest Capucine

But there are thousands and they're literally STUCK (unless I peel them off with my fingers but er... gross, lol, and hard work) to EVERYTHING, mostly the bottom. How will getting out a heap of water get them all off? Lol. But don't worry, I shall be doing a water change anyway. I didn't do one yesterday so I'll do like a 75 to 90% change this afternoon. :)

Thanks for the tips, everyone. Lol, sorry for going nuts. Shows how much I know eh? Well at least I'm a bit more informed now. ;)

Hi Capucine! Sorry to say a water change wont work. You have to take out the fish and scrub the bottom of the tub and even then it is very hard to get them off completely. But it is possibel. Get a piece of the scratchy media - nothing containing soap of course but anything else like a new wiry dish scrubber- anything and keep scraping. Then you'll have to rinse out well and refill the tub with temp matched water and put your mamma back in. Im afraid this time the eggs are all infertile but hey, what better way to know for sure your fishy is a girl :) !

Guest Capucine

I already did it, lol. I scrubbed the whole tub and all of the ornaments/fake plants. It all came off. I realised a water change wouldn't help, but alas it's all good now. ;)

She's a bit irratic today, but that's understandable.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. And yep, it's great to know she is a girl! Haha. ;)