Petsmart Shipment

jbo

Hi there,

The vvvv shipment I mentioned in another post came in. Just a few comments..

Goldfish look great under a full spectrum light. It seems to make them eat the plants even more though! Oh well.

2 lbs of shrimp pellets is more than my fish are going to eat in the next decade. The attached picture has my old can sitting on top of the new one. The old one cost $2 and has been feeding them for several months. The new one cost $10ish after discount. Buying in bulk rules. They also have a can of flakes about the same size and a big bottle of tubifex worms.

I also got an emperor 280 filter. It's so cool. It does my tank almost 10x an hour by itself. Pretty good since it's got a topfin 40 helping it.

Mardel test strips are awesome. You dip the strip for a split second, wait a bit and you have your nitrites, nitrates, pH, hardness, and alkalinity. Ammonia strips are separate cause they can't go directly into the tank. Still, 60 seconds for all the tests or 10 mins for just nitrites otherwise. I like these things :)

Jim

post-9-1073387740.jpg

I just realized there's what looks like a fish bowl behind those pellets. Don't worry, it came as part of a boquet of flowers with a floating rose in it. It now has hornwort growing in it. It's never been used for fish.

Jim

Ah great! I'm expecting my vvvv package today. I wish I would have shopped a bit better and gotten some of those shrimp pellets as well! :thud

I also had the Mardel test strips in my shopping cart but deleted them at the last minute. Looks like I have to take myself on a road trip to That Fish Place soon!

test strips! how neat. I'll have to look for them next time I'm out.

I have a bowl like that that flowers came in, does the hornwart grow well in it?? I've been thinking of putting some in the tank but didn't know the best way to approach that-- like if they eat it all would I be able to salvage some?

I didn't actually get any new fish. I'm guessing you thought I did from when I said, "Goldfish look great under a full spectrum light". What I meant was I got a new light bulb. It's a Nutrigrow bulb. It kinda makes the tank greenish, but the fish are much more colorful looking. The red in the sarasa-like fish is especially brilliant. Unfortunately, pictures don't look any different, so I can't capture the change.

Jim

Archived