Sign in to follow this  
maniacholic

Need Help, Fish Isn't Eating

So my cycle crashed yesterday or the day before it and I decided to solve this problem by utilizing a power head filter filled with zeolite and a 40% water change, add trace elements and got parameters to 0 0 0 and ph to 7.8 no chloramines. However my red and white ryukin isn't eating or is eating very little. I need help in expediting recovery since I don't want it to stress to the point where it'll rest on it's finnage.

I can't use Medigold since it's not eating much and only eats blood worms atm (when it was fine it ate pellet foods), I tried salt and it doesn't really help.

Further info is, I usually do daily to bidaily water changes at 10%

Feed mainly Bloodworms 4 days a week, progold and salad supreme on weekends, peas every two weeks.

Ammonia burns visible

Blood streaks on fins

no fraying fins, the dorsal fin is still high and pointed at a ray of 90 degrees

126 gallon tank with 8 fishes

Java Moss planted.

Fish was never overfed but I haven't noticed it poop for some time now.

Edited by maniacholic

Hi...sorry to hear your fish isn't eating. That can't be a great sign. I see by your join date that you've been around here for a long time. I'm a noob, but I can tell you they will ask you to answer all of the questions in the box above.

You might also ask them about using the Zeolite if your cycle has crashed. My understanding of Zeolite or Ammolock is that it will prevent your tank from cycling, although a mod or one of the other posters here may know something different. They're the experts.

Good luck, and I'm sure someone will be by and answer your post soon!

I'm guessing the zeolite is a short term solution to stabilize the fish rather than a long term plan for the tank(?)

I'm going to post you back when I've checked, but I think API make a soaking solution that will bind meds to your food. If I'm right you could use it for the bloodworms.

Back in a mo'

I may be wrong, but, I think you use it in conjucntion with which ever is the relevant med needed and it binds it to the food. I guess it would be best to use one from the Seachem range.

How are things going?