I Got My First Clutch!

pootwilson

i dont know what i am going to do with it and i dont even know if it is fertile b/c i have another snail in there but he is quite a bit smaller than that one

sooo this means that one is a girl right? thay are hausrums by the way and the eggs are a pretty mint green color ill post a pic later!!!

Edited by ilovefish

ooh Haustrum eggs! How exciting! My first pair of haustrums gave me a couple clutches but the first was infertile because it was her first and the second...well, I let it get too dry and it died :( If you want really good advice on hatching I would suggest popping in to applesnail.net ....those people are as nuts about snail as we are about goldies :D Good luck!

they are a breed of apple snail they are brown and that is it they dont come in other colors like the brigs and they dont eat plants like cannas here is a pic of the female(which i now know b/c she layed eggs

006-2.jpg

that is what they look like darn i forgot to take a pic of the clutch oh well i will do it tomorrow b/c i dont feel like it tonight i would have been able to get a pic of her laying them but ihad to leavefor work sooo i didnt have time i hope i will if she lays more

Yep, they're a breed of apple. Haustrums are plant eaters like canas...but their spire is more brig like than a cana. They're in the same complex as cana because of their indented sutures on the spire. They get a little bigger than brigs but not nearly as big as canas. I think they only come in one color as well...unlike both canas and brigs. They're in the same complex as cana because of their indented sutures on the spire. They also have a fairly distinctive foot, its very wide and has a blue tint...I can always tell my haustrum from my canas just by size of the foot when they're climbing on the glass.

sorry the pic is soooooooo big i forgot tp make it smaller lol

oops i dint know they ate plants i have plants in my tank and they dont eat them they crawl on them sometimes but all the leaves are fine and not chewed on so i didnt think they ate plants sorry

Edited by ilovefish

if you can beleive it she is the newer haustrum and the other one is the oldest but he is about 2x less the size of her i dont know why he didnt grow as big but i got them maybe a month and a half difference oh well all my brigd died(i have had them for a while) so i went to the store(b/c i work there) and bought a golden and an ivory they are sooo cute b/c they are so small. i will post pics if i remember and feel like it later lol.