Sign in to follow this  
Guest zephurus

Can I Use These Algae Cleaner Tablets Without Taking The Fish Out?

Guest zephurus

I have a 30 gallon tank, 2 goldfish, ryukin, and I have neglected it and I can barely see through the water because it's so green (algae). I bought the Jungle Jungle Algae tablets (http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/details.asp?item=TB621) and I haven't used them yet, but I'm wondering if my fish will be ok if I use them with the fish in the tank.

Thanks.

I used those with my tigerbarb and it worked like magic! It says to add them once a month, but I only did it once, and no algae ever again! And it didnt harm my fish or cycle or anything!

I can barely see through the water because it's so green (algae).

Congratulations you have a very healthy tank. Many people would kill to have your green algae. A healthy coat of green algae keeps your nitrate low.

Now why in the heck would you want to get rid of that?

I have a healthy coat of green algae growing on three sides of my tank. I scrape and clean the front glass so I can see them. I would just get an algae scraper and clean the front and leave the other three sides alone.

Guest zephurus
I can barely see through the water because it's so green (algae).

Congratulations you have a very healthy tank. Many people would kill to have your green algae. A healthy coat of green algae keeps your nitrate low.

Now why in the heck would you want to get rid of that?

I have a healthy coat of green algae growing on three sides of my tank. I scrape and clean the front glass so I can see them. I would just get an algae scraper and clean the front and leave the other three sides alone.

The thing is that the water is REALLY green, and even if I scrape the front of the tank, I still can't see my fish. Here's a picture (sorry, cell phone pic)

nonamehe2.jpg

its good for the goldfish, but if u really dont like it u could use the tablets

The thing is that the water is REALLY green, and even if I scrape the front of the tank, I still can't see my fish. Here's a picture (sorry, cell phone pic)

nonamehe2.jpg

Wow! How low is your Nitrates?

That tank looks radio active!

Guest zephurus

It's actually pretty low, I tested my water today on those all-in-one test trips and It's on the safe level. I use Cycle every week.

It's actually pretty low, I tested my water today on those all-in-one test trips and It's on the safe level. I use Cycle every week.

I would think so with a carpet of green algaes like yours. The green algaes gobble up all the nitrates. :)

wow, somebody is getting green water. In the past, I was trying really hard to get the green water setup. By having green water, your system doesn't have any ammonia since GW algae consume ammonia. Without ammonia, there is no way you will get nitrite or nitrate.

I was researching the best fish keeping method for a year and I found out serious hobbyists in Asia, breeders in Japan are using green water and groom their fish to become desire shape (body, head, tail). If you decide to get green, make sure you do research b4 you continue though. It also has some side effects.

Personally I have 2 green water tank and 1 clear tank for show. Then I rotate my fish into different tank.

Here is a link to the pic of my tank.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=60760

If I leave the shades open in the room that the tank is in, it gets so much sun that the green algae grows like crazy. It grows like a lime green colored shag carpet from the 1970s(lol). It wil turn the water completely green too.

You need more filtration, your ammonia is high enough to support green water which means there's no competition for ammonia.

Once you add those tablets to kill the very strong filtration system you have (Green Water) expect ammonia levels to spike up extremely fast.

Guest zephurus

So do you guys think I should just leave the green water as it is? I kinda want it so that I can at least see the fish through the tank, just to know if they're ok. But I don't want to clear the green water if it's healthy for them.

Thanks for the tips guys, keep em coming.

while feeding them u should be able to check on them if they come to the surface

So do you guys think I should just leave the green water as it is? I kinda want it so that I can at least see the fish through the tank, just to know if they're ok. But I don't want to clear the green water if it's healthy for them.

Thanks for the tips guys, keep em coming.

If you decide to use green water, make sure you read info from rafflesgold. You will find info in the following link

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=39607

Please pay attention on the time to do water change. :) welcome to the green world.