Constipation? Or Something Else?

ILuvMehFishies

No, I soaked because it seemed to hard.

Ok, so I don't think he's eating too much metro-med though. I don't think my fish can see the pellets the popeye has gotten so bad. The scales are really pineconing as well. I added another packet of Maracyn TC just now, and I tried feeding some more metro-meds but I don't think my fish is eating them.

I'm sorry to hear that your fish is not better. It may take some time. Dropsy, from what I have read, is a hard battle to fight. Just do what you can, keep the water pristine, and pray. You are doing your best and that is all you can do. Maybe your fish will get more strength and then be able to eat better, or you can try hand-feeding the med food. Hang in there!!!

Good news guys!

My fish is looking a lot better today! Wow, just the third day of metro-meds. He was really jumpy because of all he went through, but most of the scales have returned to normal and his eyes aren't bulging at all. He started eating again, when I dropped in some of the metro-med he raced after it.

He wasn't looking good the past two days and would not eat at all, so I mashed up the metro-med into a powder, took him out in a bucket, and added the metromed 'powder' so that he would be forced to take some whether he like it or not. ^^ I'm really glad I did.

The water is a deep red because of the tetracycline, but today is the fourth day out of five days of treatment. I'll see if I can get some photos, though the color will be very distorted.

I'm really excited, I don't think I'll be losing my fish. :D But is there anything I should be preparing as an after treatment?

Thanks for all the support guys!

Good news guys!

My fish is looking a lot better today! Wow, just the third day of metro-meds. He was really jumpy because of all he went through, but most of the scales have returned to normal and his eyes aren't bulging at all. He started eating again, when I dropped in some of the metro-med he raced after it.

He wasn't looking good the past two days and would not eat at all, so I mashed up the metro-med into a powder, took him out in a bucket, and added the metromed 'powder' so that he would be forced to take some whether he like it or not. ^^ I'm really glad I did.

The water is a deep red because of the tetracycline, but today is the fourth day out of five days of treatment. I'll see if I can get some photos, though the color will be very distorted.

I'm really excited, I don't think I'll be losing my fish. :D But is there anything I should be preparing as an after treatment?

That's great news!!! :D Metro-med is the best thing out there for early stages of dropsy. My Oranda Sash's scales returned to normal in 2 or 3 days too.

Now don't relax just yet. Keep the water param as close to perfect as possible with frequent water changes. CONTINUE TO FEED ONLY METRO-MED FOR A TOTAL OF THIRTY DAYS. NO OTHER FOOD OF ANY FORM WHATSOEVER. This ensures that all nasty bacterias that caused the dropsy is completely annihilated.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted. :)

Good news guys!

WHOOHOO!!! :krazy: SOOO happy for you and your fish!!! I would love to see some pics now that your fish is better, as it would be beneficial for me to see what this fish looks like AFTER it is better as this is the first pics of dropsy that I have ever seen. Keep up the great work, Hon!!!

JOH,

You are the one who help this boy save his fish! Take a bow, you deserve it! :rockon

Thank you Nickie but all I did was to make suggestions. ILMF was the one that followed iit so give him all the credit. You gotta give him a lot of credit for being creative to force feed the meds to the fish as well. :)

JOH,

You are the one who help this boy save his fish! Take a bow, you deserve it! :rockon

Thank you Nickie but all I did was to make suggestions. ILMF was the one that followed iit so give him all the credit. You gotta give him a lot of credit for being creative to force feed the meds to the fish as well. :)

I agree, he is one smart and compassionate boy! You know, I am the eldest of four children and I have three younger brothers. I just can't see them, at this boy's age, taking the time to care for a fish like he has. He deserves a lot of credit, too!!!

Archived