Food Color

Fefe

Fefe, you mean if you add food coloring into the food, if your fish gets a better color? I seriously doubt it, otherwise a lot of us would walk around with all kinds of colors on our skin, since we eat foods with food coloring all the times. I can just imagine having all kinds of rainbow colors in my face, when I ate my daughter's cup cakes which had definetely food coloring in them... :D

Or you mean, if the fish actually picks what color pellet he wants? :unsure:

I do not know if the fish will select food pieces based on color, but it might make an interesting experiment. It will be extremely difficult to develop a control, though.... as with most live subjects, there are a myriad of other factors that can have impact on the tested reactions......

No I mean when I soak the pellets it will be in color water I am using raspberry red. Have you heard why flamingos goes pink because what they eat has pink coloration in it. I have seen in Thailand they even have colored water tank (white albino Oscars) so the fish turn that color. I bought few and kept them in normal water they turned white within months.

Anyways have started the experiment I m adding very little amount of food color in water and then add hikari pellets in it. When the water is all soaked by the pellets I feed those to my fish. Hope to see the results soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived