Fish Meals ...

alanworm

I wanted to know how others feed their goldies... and kinda learn from others as well ...

my goldies r just eatting pellet food ..and wanted to know ... how much or wut else

i should feed my goldies and how much to feed?

i know that hikiri is good but do i need to feed blood worms and shrimps ??? and how often should i feed blood worms and shrimps to them ??

and how much veggie i should feed ... romain lettuce seems kind of hard do i need to chop it up ??

as u can see i am a novice ..^^ hehe

hope to hear from u

You can feed your goldies many different fruits and vegetables. A veggie clip is helpful when doing this. Some other veggies you can feed are unsalted and deshelled peas, zucchini, squash, brocolli, lettuce, spinach. Some fruits are bananas, oranges, lemons, peaches. Be careful if feeding citruis fruits because they can lower the ph of your water.

For harder veggies just blanch them in hot (dechlorinated) water for a minute or so so they soften up and clip, float, or sink them in your tank for the fish to enjoy. For oranges and citris fruits cut into slices and remove the seeds. You can then float the whole thing in the tank and remove the rind after the fish eat the fruit.

You can make home made gel foods that contain these foods plus ones that are too hard or soft (like applesauce). You can also add the worms, shrimp, or flake/pellet food to the gel foods to balance out the nutrients. There is a pinned topic at the top of the food forum with many recipies and how to directions for gel foods.

How much of what you feed is up to you. Everyone has their own schedule. veggies and or shrimp/worms once to twice a week should not be too much. With fruits and vegetables I usually stick one piece in the tank at a time and see how fast they eat it. If it is still there at the next feeding time I remove it. (I feed twice a day). If your fish eat the food really fast I would limit the amount to what they can eat in a few minutes.

Each fish has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to fruits and vegetables. Most goldies seem to love peas. Try some different things out and see what your fish like.

oh thx that did help alot i never thought that goldies have to eat lots of veggies .. i thought only fish food is fine ...

oh and one more thing .. do you know anything about hikari oranda gold ..or lionhead ? i want to know wuts the difference ? and which one to perfer ?? i know the lionhead hikari is more expensive but i don't know wuts the difference

Archived