Any Other Types Of Pleco That Is Compatible?

alanworm

I use to have a common pleco that was fine with the goldfish but the one i have now which sucked on my goldfish and now its infected with the hole in the head disease...now that i got rid of it i want to get a new one...

i have a 30gallon aquarium and alge are growing rapidly... i saw the site which said fishes r compatible so i went to look for a rubbernose pleco...

but so far i havn't found it in the area (vancouver,BC) or if anyone knows where they sell it... i was wondering if there is any other kinds of pleco that is that is compatible? i found that pleco is easy to

upkeep and they do a excellent job...

i have asked the people at big al's they said they don't have it, but they have a pleco thats call "clown pleco" i'm not sure if thats compatible with it ?

or maybe there is other ones that is good...? HOw big will the clown pleco grow to?

thx for replying ... but other than bristlenose pleco or rubbernose pleco ....both pleco i couldn't get a hold of them in the local stores

...but i would like to have pleco cuz i they do a really gd job.. and wonder any other types other than the ones on that site that is good?

I found this link for clown pleco information:

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile80.html

"This species creates a lot of waste. Good mechanical filtration and tank cleaning practices are required. Caution: If you are after an active algae eater this is not the fish to get."

Here is another one:

http://www.aquatic-hobbyist.com/profiles/f.../clownplec.html

"These are not good algae eaters but are often unfortunately sold as utility fish that do the algae cleaning for aquarists. (Some say that they do a good job when young, but I'm not sure that continues past maturity.)"

Archived