Cherry Shrimp

Jon

Thanks.

I would be careful about putting them with larger fish that could possibly eat them. I keep mine with guppies, cories, and a rubbernose pleco.

Thanks.

I would be careful about putting them with larger fish that could possibly eat them. I keep mine with guppies, cories, and a rubbernose pleco.

What about when they have shrimp babies? Will your guppies and cories eat baby shrimp?

I curious because I am seriously thinking of getting some :yeah:

yes, the guppies and cories will eat the shrimplets, but im sure some would survive. I have a 5 gallon that is set up for the shrimplets so they dont get eaten. And the adult shrimp wont eat the shrimplets either.

Yeah. i can amagine. It reminds me of the very rare 'Invisible fern' (we took a duck tour(amphibous(sp) auto) and our tour giude was a bit of an comedian. we drove through this patch of land with hundreds of ferns, then a blank spot with the invisible stuff :rofl )

I just love those crits. I could watch them for hours. I had a disaster keeping some of their relatives- ghost shrimp though (pre kokos) but would like to try again sometime. Congrats on them.

• 3 months later...

Give them lots of hiding places, like a big rock or driftwood :D The pregnant ones use them for protection for their babies :D . I turned a batch of 6 ghost shrimp into a huge community of 40 shrimps in around a few months without seeing a single pregnant shrimp! :D

Huh! I've never seen such a tank pet before, and I wasn't sure what I thought...... They grew on me!

Do they stay near the bottom of your tank? And do they walk around, or swim?