Sign in to follow this  
vmlola

Not Big, But Still Very Much Enjoyed!

I took a few pics of my stock tank this morning! The fish are doing wonderful and I just love that this tank is right outside my patio doors!

I added a green lattice type fence around it. I gave up on the floating moss as it was gone so quickly.

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0283-1.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Could not leave out the snail pic!

IMG_0273.jpg

I put two in the tank and they really enjoy the outdoors!

Wow, that lattice is a terrific idea! It really dresses up the tank, and probably helps to keep out unwanted critters. Your fish look terrific.

Can you try something like Anacharis in the water? It likes sun, but it might work in your tank, or how about floating water hyacinth? That will take the shade better.

I'd love to have something like that here in addition to my big pond. I'd use it for fancy tailed goldies. :-)

Thanks!

Gardengirl, I have wanted to try Anacharis, but can never find any around here that looks healthy. And the floating Hyacinth is banned in TX I believe.

MrB Thank you, I think their colors have really "Popped" since I have put them outside.

No....Not Hyacinth. That stuff takes over like you wouldn't believe.

What about Water Lilies?

Water lilies won't work if there is no sun. They just turn to mush. The hyacinth does indeed grow vigorously, but I thin it out and throw the excess on the compost pile.

Actually, any submerged aquarium plant will work. Hornwort is another good one. The fish like to spawn in the soft submerged plants. :)

It looks like you have some green water going there and your fish (as always) look fabulous, plump and healthy. That lattice really is a brainwave for people with cats or small kids coming in and out.

your fish look great! Any pics of the pearlscale?

do you have an albino in there? It looks like one of your fish has red eyes! THe pond is great! I would love to have one!

Oh how wonderful! Your fish look so healthy and rolly polly :)

You've got a great pond, and I am so in love with your white lionhead!!